DG Extra 5 - Axara's, D8, POV, The Opening Ceremonies

So here's the Ax's pov you've been craving!!! :) editing later... Too tired. Chap 31 of DG up this weekend, I think.

<3 Anna

AXARA'S POV - THE OPENING CEREMONIES

I grit my teeth as my prep-team works on my body. I like myself as I am - I don't need this at all.  

"Did you hear about Desha Wilkans' party yesterday? I heard it was crowded with celebrities!" the woman squeals in her stupid Capitol accent. 

"I know right! And Isanly said..." the man answers, sounding equally as exited. I tune him out, and focus on the only thing I can stand about these three people. Their clothes.  

They're made out of expensive fabric I would never even dare to touch, the kind of fabric that is made in the best factories in District 8. A small girl like me would never be allowed to work there, but I've seen the fabrics when we visited the factory in sixth grade of school. 

It has always been my dream, to work in those factories. 

I'll never achieve that goal, I guess. There isn't a big chance I'll get through these games. I mean, we have about ten trees in whole District 8 and no other nature, so it's not like I'll have it easy in the Arena or anything. 

They rip hair from my body, bathe me like a million times, and then finally leave the room. I stand alone, enjoying the fact that it's finally silent, and wait for my stylist.  

"Axara, how nice to meet you," a cheerful voice from the doorway greets me. 

My stylist enters. My jaw almost drops to the floor. 

It's Revdes Dhane.  

He's probably the best fashion designer in the world - everyone in District 8 that has any passion for clothes know him! I can't believe he's standing there, my stylist. 

"Umm, hi," I choke out.  

"My name is Revdes, and I'm going to be your stylist." 

"I'm Axara, but you obviously already knew that." 

"And you knew my name is Revdes." 

It not a question, it's a statement. He saw the admiration in my eyes. I mean, it has to be quite obvious that I worship him. He has his own clothe-line, with amazing, but still so simple clothes.  

And how do I know of him?

I live in District 8, not the Capitol.  But I know a lot about Capitol fashion.

The only thing I like about being forced to watch the Hunger Games is the fact that somehow some discussions about tributes always end up as discussions about stylists, clothes, and fashion. 

It's not so weird that I have a passion for designing clothes. I mean, I've been surrounded by fabrics, wool and ropes all my life, sewn together the pieces to different clothes. I've memorized every single word about fashion said in TV since I was the age of seven... 

"Yeah. I knew it."  Why bother denying it? 

He just smiles. "Well, put on this robe, and we'll talk more over lunch. I'm hungry already." 

I obey, slipping into the robe he gives me. 

I'm not feeling embarrassed of being naked or anything, 'cause I know my body is okay. I'm quite skinny, so I was usually a tester of clothes. All people in the Capitol are skinny, or fat. Nothing in between, usually. So I am about the size of a Capitol girl. That's another reason I know a lot about fashion. I got to wear - if only for a brief moment - different and exotic clothes.