10. Reality

Josh sleeps in my room again while Riley sneaks off to see Lucas. When I wake up in the morning I head to the bathroom to take a shower and after a few minutes of standing under the cascading water I feel Josh's lips on my neck.

"Yes?" I ask playfully as I turn around to face Josh, linking my hands together behind his neck.

"Nothing. I feel a little better today and I wanted to take advantage of the empty hotel room" he smirks as he leans down to kiss me.

"Maya. Josh. It's time to go" Riley exclaims as she walks into the hotel room making Josh sigh as we pull apart.

"Dammit. She has the worst timing" Josh complains making me giggle as I lean back in for another kiss.

"We'll be home tonight and then we can do whatever you want" I smile as I pull back and head out of the shower and into the bedroom to get dressed.

"Morning Riles" I smile as I walk into the room with a towel wrapped around myself, bending over to retrieve my bag so I can change.

"Morning" she replies sweetly as she scans the room in confusion. "Where's my uncle?" she asks as Josh appears in the doorway of the bathroom with a towel hanging off his hips. I bite my lip as I glance at him, feeling a blush rise on my cheeks.

"Niece" he says as he ducks past me, moving further into the room so he can get dressed.

"Gross" Riley shakes her head. "I know you have sex but can you not do it in a room where I sleep" she asks causing me to laugh as I go over my bag and pull out a pair of jeans and a white top.

"We were just taking a shower. No sex" I insist as I make my way back into the bathroom. "You showed up before we had a chance" I add in a whisper smirking as I close the door behind me.

*************************************************************************************

"I wanna get my ears pierced" Emma informs me and Josh from the backseat of the car on our drive home. Josh is driving, with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my leg. He shoots me an apprehensive look as we stop at a red light.

"Um you're a little young to get your ears pierced baby girl" I insist as she shakes her head.

"Nope. Lily is getting hers done" she complains causing me to sigh. Of course Riley was letting her get her ears pierced and of course that meant Emma did too.

"Let mommy and daddy think about" I give as we pull up the lofts. She lets herself out and I take her hand as we walk into the building but she dashes ahead of us in the hallway.

"Can she stop growing?" Josh asks as he stares after her.

"She'll always be our little girl" I smile as I take his hand in mine a few steps before we reach the loft. Josh unlocks the door and Emma quickly pounces on the couch, grabbing the remote in a flash. I make my way to the kitchen and grab a soda from the fridge.

"Thirsty?" Josh smirks as I take a sip making me roll my eyes at his smutty meaning.

"Very" I smirk back as I brush past him, heading back to the living room. I would never get tired of playing games with him.

*************************************************************************************

Emma is riled up from her weekend and it takes forever to get her calmed down. We watch some TV, play a bored game and order in and before we know it it's nine o'clock. Josh tucks in Emma while I escape to take a shower. I'm walking into the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body when Josh walks into our bedroom.