Ch. 12

(A.N - I am currently writing this on my phone at like 1 in the morning because I can't sleep and music isn't helping and neither is reading so maybe this will work. I'm very sorry if it's bad but bare with me, I'm tired and it's a school night and I don't even wanna think about how tired Im gonna be in the morning. Ugh. Well enjoy.)

I wake up to feeling the cold metal on my arms and hands. Oh god. What did they do to me? I sit up and look all over my body for evidence of something. I don't seem to find anything except for a tiny red mark on my arm. It must have been something to make me pass out. I look all around but I'm the only one in the room. What happened to Layla? Where's Austin? Is he ok? Where's Alex? Where's my mom? Where's... ok I need to stop. If I even think about my dad I'll burst into tears. I try to stand up and I automatically feel dizzy. I unsteadily walk to the door and try to open it. Locked. I put my hand up to my forehead to see if I'm running a fever or anything. I feel fine. Then a shooting pain runs through my stomach. I double over onto the ground. I'm on my knees when Jack walks in.

"Well, well, well. Look who tried escaping. That cute." I give him an evil look.

"And you seem right about on time!" He says as he looks at his watch. What? On time for what?

"O-on time f-for what?" I say as the shooting pain is repeating itself through my stomach.

"Oh. You don't remember our little deal in the driveway there sweetheart?" He laughs. "It's probably all the medication." Medication!? I try to stand up with my hand still holding onto my side.

"What ... What are you doing to me?" I ask shivering from the pain.

He throws his head back and laughs as he sits on one of the metal tables.

"You are a dumb one arent ya? I didn't want to believe it. You think I'm gonna tell you exactly what I'm doing here?"

He gets up and walks over to me. I would move back but fear takes me over and glues my feet to the ground. "You are nïave sweetheart." He says as he brushes his fingers across my jawline. Without thinking I push his hand away. Causing his smile to get bigger and laugh even harder.

"Where's Austin? What do you have against him? Why are you treating him and his family like this?" I blurt out.

"So many questions..."

"So many questions that you will answer..."

He laughs again. I hate it when he laughs at me. I just stand here with a straight face, embarressed, like an idiot.

"Ahhh, I see you think your in control here. Many girls do too. Well, they did." What does he mean they did? I feel a shiver run down my spine. I guess this means I'm going to die? Just like all of the other innocent girls that are-were here."

"W-what do you mean DID?" I ask him with uncertainty in my voice.

"Oh honey, they are long gone. Not all experiments are successful. If your going to be here, you should probably start to stick that in your mind." He says as he chuckles and walks out the door. I still want to know what happened to Layla. God damn you Kaley. You ruin everything. You ruined Austin's life. You should have never barged into anyone's buisness. My subconscious tells me. Isn't she great?