Life

My dad had always said that before the war the weather was nice, warm and sunny. Not this constant blizzard frostbite bullshit. Especially here under what used to be California. "Nick, come on were gonna be late to school" May called as she knocked on my door. "Ok ok" I call back , getting up going to the bathroom, looking into the mirror. I brush my teeth and wash my face, stepping back out putting on some black jean ,a black tee shirt with a old superhero plastered on the front. A gray and black jacket with black hightop shoes.

Putting deodorant on before I head through the living room and outside to meet with May. She stands holding a torch,waiting. I looked to the ceiling of the dome,the artificial light generator hadn't come on yet. "Hey ,let's go" I say as I begin to walk belong side her to our learning institute. It came into view after several minutes of walking,it's brick exterior with a few windows every few feet along it, had been the place I had woken up for and walked with May for the last 10 years.

"I heard there is gonna be a big announcement today" May whispers as we enter the building, I say bye to May as we got to our first block separate from each other. The block,history was about life before the winter came. It was actual an interesting period, but it went by quickly.

When it was over, I exited the institute. I looked up to the ceiling as the artificial sun light had started up lighting up the entire cavern. I saw May with her friends as I went over to mine. "What up Nick?"said Fred as I high fived him. "Nothing much " I say as I take a seat on the bench next to him "Apparently there's some big announcement from the scientists" he said gesturing towards the building that all the scientist's resided.

I heard the alarm blare, as every started heading to the cafeteria for the announcement.