Tolerance- Day 1

I stood in an open field, the surrounding forest kept receding, farther and farther back. It then sporadically begin to snow. A figure appeared far back, it slowly began to move towards me.

It came faster and faster until it was only a few feet away. It was a gigantic creature, covered in a thick dark brown fur, with a lighter brown running down its side, as well as a silvery white. It stopped righting in front of me watching intently. It towered over me, as it let out a low growl, its muzzle contorting to show teeth.

I had known it was me, or more accurately the other side of me. I took a few steps back, as its growls intensified. I took a step back, but fell. The world crumbled with me as a burning light shined in my eyes.

*****

I shoot forwards, awoken suddenly. I looked around I had been laid up against a tree, as snow fell out the the trees protective leaves. The snow was piling up quickly. I wore a body suit, black. Standing I begin to walk, wobbling at first before regaining composure.

Walking I reached my hand out of the cover of the tree. I felt it, cold and wet. I didn't know how to respond, as this was my first time seeing snow for myself, as well as actually touching it. I walked further from the cover of the snow.

I looked around, slightly shivering as the snow landed on my suit. There were trees and snowfall as far as I could see.

"Where the hell am I?" I said to myself aloud, as I continued walking. I trudged through the ever deepening snow fall. Walking towards a cluster of trees, I see something dart by, followed by more things.

I followed the chase with my eyes, it was a deer, full grown male by the look of the antlers, being chased by two wolves. I ran after then, following behind suprisingly easily.

Eventually the wolves leaped onto the deer biting down on its neck, it let out a hoarse sound, before collapsing. They tore into it quickly, as I watched curiously. Just then, my stomach began to growl, giving me a slight pain.

The wolves suddenly turned and faced me, teeth bared. I froze, watching them carefully. They let out a growl. Almost instinctively I growled back, baring my sharpened teeth. They backed down, nodding towards me. I slowly stepped forward, walking towards them as the dug into their meal. The bigger one was a brownish grey, while the slightly smaller one was a lighter grey.

They paid no heed to me watching them eat gave me a strange feeling. I looked around, for any other movement. The wolves looked me over intently. Suddenly they howled in unison. From a brush no to far from us, 3 pups came running. I watched as the joined their parents in the meal. After a few minutes, the carcass was all but devoured. Blood covered the wolves snouts, as they licked intently.

They soon began to move, walking together away from the meal. I followed, slowly behind. The pups watched me intently, as they walked. One, brown came and gave me a playful bark. I smirked, as I kneeled, patting the wolves head gently.

The parents turned barking at me, I backed up, sensing the anger. As they pulled the pup from me. Teeth bared they watched me. We continued walking, as we eventually reached a cave. They entered as I followed suit.

**

I followed in, as the main chamber was huge. The male, laided down as his mate laid to the side. There pups chased each other playfully. I sat, leaning against the wall next to the entrance.

My stomach growled again, as I picked my self up. The same pup came again, watching intently, I nooded towards it, as it barked again. I watched the parents as they watched back.

I exited the cave, as I sniffed the air. Making a mental note of the cave, I began to run.

***

I eventually found a deer, smaller then the one from earlier, but good enough. Crouching, I began to think. Things went through my head, as eventually something triggered the change.

May

Well here's your first look at the Tolerance chamber, tell me what you think and thanks.