Chapter 28 - Public Display of Affection

Chapter 28

Public Display of Affection

"What took you so long?"

Those words thawed her freezing body. When she found her tongue can move again she finally got to speak. "What are you doing here?!"

"Sleep. With you."

Three simple words. Three sinful words.

Krystal hangs the towel at one of the chairs. She doesn't need it anymore, her hair's probably dry by now from the heat coming from her face.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

Why are you even asking?! Krystal is debating to either throw him out of the room or just sleep in the living room.

Kai's brows cocked up. "I don't see anything wrong with me being here. We sleep together every night." answering his own question.

How can he say that so calmly and so relaxed like it's the most natural thing next to breathing? Krystal sat at the chair she had placed the towel. Her knees are getting weaker.

"What are you doing there?" another question from him.

She's still thinking of an answer when he got up, reached for her hand and pulls her in bed.

"Breath Krystal." he said, seeing her body so stiff next to his and her chest's not moving.

He chuckled lightly, his human is not breathing at all. He lowered his body so their faces are leveled and without another word, he kissed her full on the lips.

Krystal's eyes are wide open from the moment he pulled her in the bed and now that he's kissing her again, her eyes grew even wider if that's possible.

His lips are moving against hers like they already know every line of her lips. He probably does based from their still fresh make out session not even an hour ago. Eventually, her lids slowly drops but then he pulls away.

"There, you're breathing again." he said with a smug smirk on his lips.

"What?" she had no idea what's happening anymore.

"You stopped breathing. I gave you air."

"Oh."

His favorite blush painted her cheeks again. He rubs the pink skin with the back of his fingers, feeling the heat coming from it.

It only made her blush even more.

The sweet smile on his eyes steals her attention. It was something she had never seen in him before. It's bright and warm - words that were never used with him. She likes this side of him. His soft side, the side she can only see.

"You were trying to teleport me that day, weren't you?"

She didn't need to specify, she knows he got what she was referring about. "Unconsciously, yes. I panicked when I saw Kris crushing your neck. I wanted to take you away from the fight, my mind automatically thought of teleporting."

"I felt the glitch. I felt my body moving, fading but not too strong." she shared truthfully. It was the first time she opened up about this matter to him. She had somehow knew what it was but just hesitant to ask him about it.

"Whatever the explanation behind this, I'm still thankful." he said softly, his breath brushing through her cheeks.

They stare into each others' eyes. Searching. Communicating. Krystal had never felt this before and it's making her heart overwhelms with warmth and joy. She feels safe and comfortable in his arms, in his stares. Even without words being exchange, she feels complete.