Killing

Pipers new hair
-------------------
---------
Scarlets POV

"Dad" I say confused, scared and angry.

How does he know where I live?

When Derek stood in front of me protectively, I got butterflies but now is not the time.

"Hello scarlet, your looking slutty as always." He slurs.

What a surprise.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, standing in front of Derek, not wanting him to get involved in this.

"Is that anyway to treat your father?" He answers my question with his own. He's annoying me more every second he is here.

"What 'father'? In front of me is the face of a selfish!"

I took one step forward "ignorant!"

Another step "pig face!"

One more step "dick!"

I was close enough to him to smell the alcohol in his breath.

"You little-" he cut himself off and I didn't realise what happened until I felt the sting in my cheek. He actually had the guts to fucking slap me.

Derek was clenching his fist, obviously trying not to hit him.  "Get out" Derek spoke through gritted teeth, his voice breaking from the anger he had trapped inside of himself.

"Why would I listen to you?" my dad asked.

Now I'm mad.

He can mess with me all he wants but he CANNOT speak to my friends like that. (#Friend zoned...-Katie)

"You will listen to him because of this" I go to punch him, but Derek grabs my arm and holds it back,
"Scarlet don't stoop to his level. You are better than this" Derek soothed, calming me down and I lower my arm.

I look into Derek's pale green eyes. They go from care to worry in a matter of seconds. I hear glass shatter behind me and Derek called for Aidan.

I hear feet pounding down the stairs. Aidan face was full of rage when he saw the man I used to call my father.
"Get out!" His voice roared through the house, making my dad ran away.

Only now did I comprehend what glass shattered.

That man hit me in the head with his empty beer bottle.

I fall into Derek's arms, feeling weak, though the adrenaline stops the pain.

He supports me quickly and I hear Aidan instruct him to take me to my bathroom and clean my cuts.

Some glass must of found its way onto my face. Derek picks me up bridal style and carry me upstairs to my room and into my private bathroom, putting me up on to the counter looking in my side cabinets for something like a first aid kit.

"Second one" I say weakly. Struggling to stay awake, slipping in and out of consciousness .

"Come on, scarlet stay awake" Derek pleaded with me, and I am very awake when I feel cotton on my head along with cleansing alcohol. I hiss in pain.