Chapter 1

My name is Alex. I don't know who my mother or father is. I was separated from them at birth like most of the kids were. I am seventeen. I have black hair, blue eyes and a pale complexion. I was placed in the territories at the age of sixteen. You are probably thinking well where were your parents until then. Well at birth the twins are taken to separate wet nurses away from each other and their parents. See the government doesn't want you to get attached to your parents because that just makes going to the territories harder on both parents and child. When I was placed in the territories I thought I would feel like I belonged but I was wrong.

"Good morning sleepyhead" said a cheerful voice. I lifted my head up a bit to see my best friend, Lucy standing just inside my doorway.
"Leave me alone" I growled.
"Get up or u won't get any breakfast"
"Fine I will starve then" I mumbled into my pillow.
"Come just get up" she said impatiently.
"Fine" I said tiredly.
I stood up and quickly got dressed. I put on a black loose shirt with black skinny jeans. I put on my all black combat boots with my black leather jacket. I threw my hair up into a messy bun. Then I stumbled to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I started to walk downstairs when I fell and slid down two flights of stairs. When I got to the bottom I saw Lucy staring at me like I was a dumbass.
"What the heck" she said.
I smirked and said "I decided to come down in style".
"Yeah because that was definitely style"
"Yepe" I grinned.
"Come on if we don't hurry we will never make it to breakfast" she said.
We rushed outside to be met to birds singing and people greeting each other.
"Ugggh" I sighed
"What?" Lucy Asked.
"I hate this. Every morning, we get up come outside and hear everybody in a good mood. It's sickening".
"Well I happen to like it". Said Lucy cheerfully.
"Whatever" I grumbled.
See this is what I mean. Everybody seems so happy here but I don't. I hate it here and have been planning my escape for weeks now. I have never felt like I belonged. There's a part of me that loves it here but yet hates it here. Part of me that loves the sunshine but yet loves the darkness. Part of me that's good but yet evil. It confuses me and I feel alone. I wonder if there are others like me out there.