eburnean

eburnean- of or like ivory; ivory-colored

Juniper's POV

*** 

I slept through my alarm. I was late.

8:13. Shit.

Frank's going to kill me. I'm going to kill myself. I was never late ever. I quickly run to the bathroom and turn on the shower, brushing my teeth while the shower is get hot. What happened last night?

Dinner. Dishes. T.V. Bed. Heavy Metal Music.

That stupid neighbor playing his heavy metal music till two in the morning. Stupid asshole. Keeping me up doesn't he know that people have work to do? Jobs?

I get in to the shower letting the hot water run down my body. I like showers, they were peaceful and quiet, relaxing. Showers gave me time to think, to breathe.

What the hell am I go to today? How am I going to help Frank with that stupid project? I haven't been on a date in so long. In Santa Monica, we just went to the beach, but its autumn in New York. Yeah no beach date. Movies? Juniper they're like what forty why would they go to the movies? Yeah that's true. What do forty-year old's do on dates?

I turn of the water, grabbing a towel rushing to get dry. Quickly I run around my room trying to look for my black pencil skirt and my maroon shirt. Almost falling on my face when I put my shoes on, I could make it out of my room.

 Almost falling on my face when I put my shoes on, I could make it out of my room

"Hey we don't have to be in till nine-thirty." A bed head Bianca says; she takes a sip of her coffee.

"I have that meeting with Frank, remember?" Bianca's eyes widen in shock and she quickly turns around in the kitchen a throws a granola bar at my face, luckily I caught it.

"Shit... it's 8:41... you're forty-one minutes late."

"Yeah I know bye, B" I wave goodbye and grab my purse opening the door and steeping in the hallway. Before I even took another step, I crash into a brick wall.

"Ugh." Okay maybe not a brick wall.

"Hey I'm- "

"Sorry I didn't-" We both started at the same time, I pick up my purse and look up and to see a pair of brown eyes staring at me.

He was beautiful. Has some bruises everywhere, but his still handsome. Perfect jawline. Perfect lips. Perfect face. Tattoos. He even had some freckles run from his forehead to the right check. Wow.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't looking" Pulling my purse up to my shoulder.

"No no its fine, it was my fault." An awkward pause ensues, slowly he reaches his hand out "I'm Ace, I live in 221."

My head shakes his, it was warm and big, "Juniper 222." My brain send me signals to leave, remembering my meeting with Frank but I'm hypnotized by this beautiful stranger in front of me.

"Oh look sorry about the music last night, I forgot to turn it off." He stuffs one hand in his pocket the other goes to scratch his neck. Jesus, he as some biceps.

"Yeah no problem, I slept like a baby." Why did I lie?

"Alright cool I have to go but I'll see you around Juniper." I liked the way he said my name, smooth and musical, unlike Frank who was harsh and metallic.

"Yeah." I sprit to the elevator, the meeting, damn it.

8:55. Fuck.

I made it to work, flying on my feet, at 9:09. Frank was waiting by my desk.

"Juniper thought I scared you off."

"Nope just missed my alarm, sir." His eyes darken again, making their way to my cleavage. Perv.

"Okay let's head to my office, yeah?" His hand go to the small of my back and guides me to the door.

"So where do we start?' I take a seat and he moves to his desk sitting on the edge facing me. I take out my laptop and place it my lap.

"What dates to you like go on Juniper." I pause not wanting to talk about me.

"I like movies, the beach, restaurants stuff like that." He nods, I take the opportunity to change the subject.

"What do you guys like to do together?" He pauses looking up, is fingers touching his chin.

"We exercise together." I search up dates that involve exercise. Wow there is a lot. Naked yoga really?

"Rock climbing?" He shakes his head.

"Um... yoga?" He whispers, "God no."

"Hiking?" I look up at him, he closes his eyes, "Maybe, she doesn't like the cold too much." Right, New York in the fall is cold.

"Paintball?" That one makes me smile, remembering when I went with a group of friends in college, with her. "No to messy for her, she elegant, classy." A trophy wife, go it. I call a couple more out but they are shut down. I search every idea, unique dates, fitness dates, weird dates, old couple dates.

"Dance lessons?" He gets up and smiles at me, "That's perfect, you're a genius." I close the tabs on the computer shutting it off before getting up making my way to the door. Frank grabs my arm before I open it, spinning me around to face him. Too close. So, close I can smell his breath. Blue eyes staring at me, hungrily.

"Thank you Juniper." His voice goes down an octave, he did that emphasis on my name again, I still don't like it.

"You're welcome, sir." He moves close to me; I step back hitting the door. His hand moves to where my head is, trapping me.

"I would like to thank you," I close my eyes wanting to disappear. His other hand goes on my hip and traces the area there, "How about dinner? Tomorrow at 8?" I nod wanting to leave, thinking of excuses I could use to get out of that dinner.

"Good." He smiles letting go of my hip and opening the door for me, "Have a nice day Juniper White."

I leave without saying anything, my finger tapping my thighs as I rush over to my desk so I won't collapse on to the floor.

Breath in. Breath out.

You'll be okay Junie.

***