mazarine

mazarine- rich blue or reddish color

Juniper's POV

***

There was no way that I, Juniper Elisabeth White, was going to work today. I couldn't. I can't go to work after what I did. I could barely look at myself in the mirror this morning, how I'm supposed to look at Bianca, my co-workers, and Frank fucking Mullen. Talking to Ace helped a lot. I was able to ground myself over the weekend because I didn't have it all bottled up. Now, I have to see the devil himself, Frank.

Maybe I can call in sick. No, you can't, you have the project to do remember? I'll probably throw up the second I look at him anyways.

No matter how many times I tried to back down into going to work, Bianca and I make our way to the office.

"Hey Juno, you didn't tell me too much about your night out with the boss. How was it?" My heart starts to race, my fingers slowly tapping my thigh. Bianca should know, but would that change how she looks at me? It happened to her, would it happen to me too?

I stop and pull Bianca towards an opening of an alley, "There's something I need to tell you." Bianca's big chocolate eyes were looking straight at me, her eyebrows raised, her face soften when her eyes saw my face. Her hands took mine, "Juniper what's wrong?" My eyes started to water and the ally walls were closing in on me. My sentence came out in gibberish, Bianca pulled me closer, hugging me tightly, whispering into my ear the same way Ace did that night.

I pulled back, wiping the tears in my eyes. "I had sex with Frank." I blurted out but I didn't see her reaction, the tears that started to come out again clouded my sight. Her hands pull me back, wrapping around my back, her hand makes it to the top of my head, her smooth voice repeats 'It going to be all right' in my ear.

"Look, we all make mistakes, okay? Everything will be all right. And you don't have to worry. I'll help you through this, alright?" Her bright smile made the tears go away and the tightness of the walls retract. I smile at her, a broken one but it's better than none, and nod.

"I love you, B." She laughs and hugs me ones more, whispering "I know." She turns and walks, looking back at me with a smirk. I chase after her, "Did you just Star Wars' me? Bianca Sara Smith! No one can Star Wars' me, I am the only one who can do it." Laughing for what seems like a long time.

The office is quite when we get there, everyone's heads looking down at the desk. I made my way to my desk and start working on the marketing project that needs to be done. Hours pass before my eyes and it's lunch. Bianca and I go out to lunch across the street, a Jewish deli that can make a mean Reuben.

"So you keep this secret all weekend?" Was Bianca's first question.

"Um ... you see ... no I kinda told Ace, that night." Bianca's mouth made an O, hand slowly made a smirk after a while. Bianca told me her night that Saturday and how, I quote, she met the hottest man in the world, ever. At first I thought it was Ace, but she said it was a friend of his called Rafael, who she scored a date with for this Friday.