flavescent

flavescent- yellowish or turning yellow

Ace's POV

***

"Hey guy's thanks for coming to help." Rafael's say to DeShawn, Shania, and me, while he locks the door.

"Yeah no problem, Raf." Shania smiles at him.

"Well I'll see you boys later alright?" She kisses both of Rafael's and mine cheek before grabbing DeShawn's hands.

"See ya." When they leave, it leaves only me and Rafael.

"Hey man can you promise me something," His eyes bore into mine, his hand on my shoulder, "please don't go to Mike's okay? Promise me, Ace."

"I promise." The white lie rolls off my tongue without me noticing, like its second natural to lie to my best friend.

"Alright thanks man I would come with but- "

"You're on the other side of town." He smiles, nods his head, eyes stilled filled with worried. For me.

"Okay then, I'll see ya, Ace." I smile and wave at him as he turns the corner making his way home and I wipe it away and start waking through the crowd streets of New York.

One thing I hated about walking home is the way it made me feel. Invisible. Like I was a tiny little bug that can be squash we the bottoms of their feet. When bumping into to other people on the streets it felt like, I was a ghost in a shell of my body that people didn't care enough to serve and avoid me, I felt broken, like I always do, every damn day and it's tiring. To feel that numbness, to feel the broken shell of what I once was. Before that day. But I try to carry on and try to feel something other than that, to feel like I'm alive again.

Mike's Bar comes into the corner of my right eye the red sign draws me into the door of the joint. I can hear drunken men and women, the chorus of cheers when a beer comes, the laughter when someone passes out from alcohol poisoning. I almost open the door to go inside but I don't, Rafael's warning comes back to me, so I leave and I get the hell away from there.

When I make it back home I take a shower first getting the sweat from today off my body. After I made my way to the kitchen cooking myself some chicken stir fry, funny because it's 11 o'clock at night but I don't care. I finish my dinner in front of the TV, in till I'm ready to sleep, that happens around 1.

I wake up the next morning, at 12 in the afternoon like normal people. I stretch and stand up, my eyes making black dots in the process. I groan siting back down waiting for the effect to leave my body. I then make my way to the bathroom, because one thing everyone must do in the morning is pee, and I don't think I'm lying.

Today is Saturday. What do I do on Saturday? I have no clue. Usually I would do nothing but today I'm feeling extra jittery. What happens on Saturday? Football. The one sport that we all like. I soon ring up DeShawn telling in to come over and brings Shania and some beer, then Rafael asking him to pick up some dessert for the game tonight. I go to the store and get some chicken wings, the spicy kind. Just cause I'm from Chicago doesn't me I can't handle spicy food.