Chapter 38: Butterfly in a Spider's Web

Kisame steps up, smiling at the challenge. "This will be over quickly!" He says, smiling. With that being said, he runs at you. You quickly roll out of the way. You glance over your shoulder to make sure that the other one... Itachi, doesn't try to attack you from behind or go for Naruto. But he appears to only be observing at he moment, which was good for-

WHAM

        You flew through a wall, landing heavily on your back. 'I need to stay more focused..' You dodge again as he swings his spiky sword at you. "Wind Style, Silver Shield!" You shout, causing a wind barrier stronger than steel to form around you. Anything that tried to touch you would be shredded. But Kisame isn't phased. He swings his sword once more at you, which somehow manages to slice through your shield. You yelp as you use a kunai to attempt to block his sword; the knife snapped in half, resulting in him pinning you down while his sword began feasting on your chakra.

        You struggled in vain, growing weaker and weaker as you lost more and more chakra. You feel yourself relaxing... 'No, fight! Get up and.... FIGHT!' With a surge of energy, you push off of the ground using your wings, causing Kisame to be blown away from you. 'Guess my wings aren't COMPLETELY useless..' But you were drained, and his sword had grown much larger due to your chakra now being inside of it.

        "There's no hope. Just give up already!" Kisame says, smiling. His eyes were alight with excitement from the fight.

        At that exact moment, Jiraiya makes his entrance. "No need to fear, Jiraiya the Toad Sage is here!" He exclaims, the girl from earlier slung over his shoulder. You sigh in relief. 'Thank goodness... I wouldn't have been able to fight for much longer.'

        "Naruto, stay back. It's you they're after.." You were startled when you felt arms wrap your your waist, picking you up. "If we can't have him, then we'll just have to take her instead!" Kisame says, grinning. "Put me down!" You hiss, pounding against his back. You feel your wings fluttering helplessly behind you, feeling much like a butterfly trapped in a spiders web.

        "Itachi... Or should I say Big Brother." You crane your neck around, surprised when you saw Sasuke glaring at Itachi. 'So they finally met again...' You thought. 'I wonder what Sasuke is doing here anyways. How did he know where to find us?'

        "I've built up my hate for you all this time... Like you said... I don't think it's possible for it to grow anymore!" Sasuke creates his chidori, dragging it along the wall as he runs towards Itachi. Everyone seemed to be focused on the two brothers as they fought. Jiraiya was still standing protectively in front of Naruto, and Kisame still had you slung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. You wince as Sasuke is repeatedly punched and beaten, over and over again. "Leave him alone!" You shout, struggling weakly against Kisame. You watch with wide eyes as Itachi traps Sasuke inside a parallel world thing, causing Sasuke to whimper pathetically as Itachi pinned him against a wall. "Sasuke! Let him go!" Naruto pushes past Jiraiya and Kisame, and runs towards Sasuke. 'He must be in so much pain right now...' You look sympathetically at him, then go back to slapping Kisame's back before Jiraiya lifts you off and sets you behind him. "You're stronger than that, (Y/n)... You will tell me what's bothering you once we get rid of them." You open your mouth to argue back. "And no more 'I'm just tired!" You sigh. "Fine."

        You watch Jiraiya expressionlessly as he uses his toad mouth jutsu to cause everyone to stick to the floor and walls. You sigh, wondering how you would explain your situation to him.

        "Naruto, stay still." Jiraiya orders Naruto as Naruto looks around dumbfounded at the fleshy material. "Kisame... come," Itachi says evenly, unsticking his feet easily from the floor. Kisame growls, then pulls through the clingy material. "There isn't a ninja alive that can get through the Mountain Toad's Mouth," Jiraiya says proudly.

        Kisame and Itachi take off running down the hallway, and tentacles of flesh take off after them. You watch Jiraiya from a stand still position as his face grows grim. He suddenly takes off running, leaving you and Naruto standing there. "Hey, pervy sage? What the heck happened?" Naruto runs off after him, leaving you alone. You walk slowly towards them. 'I wonder how they escaped...' You thought as you see the gaping hole in the wall. A few black flames lined the outer part of the hole. 'So that's what it was...' You watch Naruto approach the black flames, while Jiraiya quickly pulled him away.

        "Don't touch that, Naruto. They were hot enough to burn through the throat of the Mountain Toad..." He trails off. He pulls out a scroll and seals the black fire away so it couldn't hurt anyone.

        "Hey, what about Sasuke?" You ask, feeling a stab of worry enter your chest. You turn around, only to see Sasuke fall onto the ground. "Sasuke!" Both you and Naruto run over to him, while Jiraiya allows his toad mouth jutsu to fade away. "What happened to make him like this?" You ask, furrowing your eye brows as you take in Sasuke's dazed looks. You wave a hand in front of his face, but he does respond in any way. You turn to look at Jiraiya, only to see Guy run and kick him in the face.

        "What the hell.." You mumble, staring at his unexpected entrance. He rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "Heh... Guess I got a little overexcited..." Guy began making up an elaborate excuse as to why Jiraiya now had a swollen cheek, which you rolled your eyes at.

        "Nevermind that now, we need to get Sasuke to the medical core right now," Jiraiya says urgently. "He's badly beaten up... his arm is broken, and he's trapped in whatever jutsu Itachi used on him. "He will be alright, won't he?" Naruto asks, worry shining in his blue eyes. "Physically, yes. But I am worried about what has been done to his mind..."

        You look at both Naruto and Sasuke with worry. "What could Sasuke have ever done to deserve this? ...Okay pervy sage, it's time for a new game plan. Starting right now, no more running. After all... It's me they're after, right? Then maybe it's time I give them what they want!" Naruto yells, determination causing his eyes to shimmer.

        "Hmph.. nice speech, but you wouldn't stand a chance against them. You're not in the same league. What would've happened if I hadn't just shown up right now, huh? It took all I had to get them away from you," Jiraiya says.

        "Is that right?! So what are you suggesting? That we just do nothing?! Sitting here waiting for them to hit us again? What kind of strategy is that?!" Naruto yells angrily.

        "Just be quiet!" Jiraiya yells. You couldn't remember the last time you had seen him so angry. "You haven't earned the right." You look at Naruto sympathetically. "I'm sorry Guy, I wanted to let Sasuke fight his own fight. I see now I should've intervened sooner..." He sighs.

        Guy stares at Sasuke. "This looks like the same jutsu that Kakashi was put under..." Your eyes widen. "What? Kakashi Sensei? Is he alright?" Guy doesn't reply. You look at your hands. "There's nothing worse than losing your students in battle. It's like losing little pieces of your soul right with them. Sasuke needs a master of healing arts, and soon," Guy says solemnly.

        "You're right. And the one who your speaking of is the woman we came to look for," Jiraiya replies.  Naruto and Guy both look confused. You had an idea of whom he was talking about, mainly because he had talked about one of his old friends who was a now excellent healer  occasionally.

        "You don't mean-" Jiraiya smirks. "Yes, that's exactly who I mean. Another one of the legendary Saninn, the queen of slugs and elixirs... the gambling fool and mistress of the healing arts... Lady Tsunade."

        :/ sorry for such a short sucky chapter... thanks for reading, voting, and commenting anyways! Stay ritzy, my friends. ;)

Kat