Chapter 6

Kevin’s Pov.

After dinner and a lot of folders full of assignments for me to study, every evening for the rest of  week Joey was gonna give me pop quiz's, just to see how much help I needed.
Right now I’m on my way home to speak to my parents and I’m scared as hell.
Don’t get me wrong, my parents are awesome but when it comes to school, they’d rather me study instead of playing football, they are very supportive of me and my sports. I mean they never missed any of my football games.
I sighed and parked my car in the drive way, I got out and slammed the car door.
As I got in my 15 year old brother whipped his head up pausing his game.
''Dude run.'' My brother mouthed urgently.
''What?'' I ask him confused.
''You’re in trouble.'' he pointed toward the kitchen while whispering.
''They know.'' It wasn’t a question, just a statement, I was in deep shit.
''Well duh.'' my annoying brother felt the need to answer me anyways.
I sighed and went into the kitchen where I found my mom cutting vegetables, and dad on his laptop, they both looked at me at the same time.
''So, what do you suggest we do about your situation?’’ My dad asked.
''For one: you’re off the football team and any other sports in school.'' my mom states while pointing at me with the big ass knife making me gulp.
''I’m looking around for tutors, and maybe you can go to summer school.'' My dad offered while looking at his laptop.
''Dad, I’m already off all my sports teams, and I already got one of the smartest kids from school to tutor me all through spring break and the rest of school time til graduation.'' I answered quietly, I hated not being able to play sports and being stuck here for spring break.
''Ok so no spring break for you then.'' My mom concludes and I just nodded to answer her.
''No spring break, I need to fix this, so I can get into college.'' I drawled slowly not meeting their eyes.
''Well son at least this time you went ahead of us and fixed your problem on your own.'' my dad pointed out sounding proud of me.
''And we are cancelling our trip too, so we can help.'' my mom added.
I felt bad I really did, but they won’t change their mind and besides it felt good that they were trying to be there to support me.
I just hope Joey wasn’t right about me and that I can still have at least one chance.
I’m not asking for A's or even B's but at least C's just so I can at least be a high school graduate.