Chapter 13

Joey's P.o.v.

Tomorrow was graduation and I was seriously considering what Kevin told me.
Would I be able to be in a relationship with Kevin? Should I try?
According to David I should, yes believe it or not, David has been hanging out with me more lately, at first it would bug me because he's a little dumb.
But I got used to him being around, he would always try to talk about Kevin and I get it, Kevin is his best friend.
The more I saw Kevin, the more I was deciding to say yes to him and leave together after graduation, kind of like at the end of that movie grease, where Danny and Sandy drive up to the sky together, yeah I watch grease, sue me I’m a romantic.

And he has been good too, no girls hanging by his side; he was always around Sammy and always looking at me with so much love in his eyes.
Yes I had discovered that I do feel something towards Kevin, my dumb jock.
And I was pretty sure it was love, and I guess to explore those feelings we have to get together.
So tomorrow on graduation, I’m gonna tell him my decision, but its gonna be a surprise and I wasn’t gonna tell Sammy and David so they won’t be able to spoil it.

*ON THAT NIGHT*

I was getting ready for bed when my cell phone went off.
I picked it up and look at the caller id.
''David? What’s up?'' I answer.
''Joey, no time get in a car and drive to St Mary's Hospital, Joey its Kevin.'' David finished telling me all choked up.
''Ok,'' I replied quickly and hang up, get in a car? How am I supposed to do that? My God just thinking about getting in a car and I’m freaking out.
My aunt and uncle are already sleeping, Sammy was at her friends on a sleepover, I breath in and out in out, oh my God! What do I do? God! Dad I need you so much right now.
It’s for Kevin, fucking shit Joey snap out of it, Kevin would fly to the moon and back for you.
Why can’t you get in a car and go to him.
I was still nervous but got in a car, putting the key in the ignition with shaky hands was hard.
After a few minutes I put on my seat belt and put the car into drive.
It was amazing I got there in one piece and didn’t faint on the way.
''Kevin Montgomery?” I asked a nurse and  at the same time someone came through the doors crying.
''Please, Please I need to see Joey Snyder, they said he was in an accident.'' It was Kevin's voice.
I turned to look at him and he looked at me with tears in both of our eyes, and in shock.
''See you both love each other so fucking much, so get together.'' David's voice sounded from behind me.
Kevin turned to look at him, no, not look he glared at him went up to him and punched him.
''What the fuck is wrong with you? This is how you help? By telling us we were hurt?'' Kevin chokes out crying.
I was mad too, but I was even more mad at myself, how can I care for someone so much? Like I cared for my family?
I can’t care for anyone, I might end up losing them.
''Joey, are you ok?'' Kevin asked me while holding my face in his hands.
''I got in the car and drove here.” I replied in a whisper, “I was”, what was I? Confused Devastated? Depressed? What the fuck was I feeling?
''I’m sorry Joey, I’m very sorry.” Kevin murmured with my face still in his hands.
And he leant in to kiss me with so much passion, making me forget for a minute that we were standing right on the middle of the lobby in the emergency room.
I said for a minute because once I realized it, I pushed him away.
I started to walk away, but turned to tell him something that was gonna break his heart and in the process mine too.
''Kevin, I was gonna say yes to you, tomorrow.'' I said in a small voice.
He smiled, but then frowned.
''Was?’' He mouthed while looking broken hearted.
''Tonight I realize that I can’t, I’m sorry.'' I spoke not looking at him.
''Why not? You coming here proves you feel the same for me?'' Kevin desperately questioned me.
''Yes, but I can’t lose people if I don’t have them.'' I admitted.
''So that it? You won’t be with me because I might die?'' He stared at me in disbelief.
''I’m so sorry Kevin, have a good life, I’m having my diploma mailed to me, I won’t be there tomorrow.'' I choked on my words and just turned around and walked away.

Kevin caught my wrist and turned me around to face him, touching noses he leant in and kissed me, when he stopped he had tears in his eyes.
''I know you love me like I love you, So I meant it when I said I'll be waiting til you decide you’re ready.'' He said leaving me standing there while he walked out of the hospital.
I’m so so sorry Kevin but you might lead a happy life without me.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""****
*AUTHORS NOTE, NO THIS ISNT THE END, THERE'S LIKE TWO OR THREE CHAPTERS, AND NO SEQUEL.*
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""