Twelve

I woke up to a stampede in my head. I didn't think I had enough to properly have a hangover, especially with the hybrid bullshit running through me. But I guess not even the Moon Goddess could take pity on me over this one.

"Aspirin." I groaned out to no one in particular, but I was only met with a chuckle. I looked up to find a half naked Tyler laying with his head propped up on his hand, a grin on his face as his dark locks fell over his eyes. I reached out and pushed them back, the familiar shivers cascading down my spine.

"Nope, you get a punishment for yesterday. I mean seriously, what were you thinking!" He had moved from the wall to right in front of me, my eyes squeezing shut from the pain that shot through my head.

"Jesus Christ get out and let me change then!" I looked up to his blazing eyes and clenched jaw.

"Why do you have a room here?" My eyes shot around me, taking in what in fact was my room. I couldn't remember much from the night before, I remembered the meadow and the hunters, but that's about it.

"It's new, your mom just gave it to me." I lied, praying to Selene that I sounded convincing. He narrowed his eyes at me, crouching so he was eye level with me.

"You're lying, I can smell your scent through here. It's worn, you've been here for a long time. How long, exactly?"

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Let me shower and change, I'll tell you everything. Meet me at the waterfall in thirty minutes."

I watched him leave my room as I made my way to my shower. I took my time under the hot water, savoring the way it relaxed my tense muscles. I sighed as I stepped out, walking back into my room before changing into leggings and a grey sweater. I threw my hair up, smiling when I saw my mates clear mark on my throat.

I ran in my human form to the lake, the deafening sound of the waterfall hitting me before I actually got there. I was close to five minutes early, so I sat and waited on the rock Tyler usually sat on. I smiled but as time passed by, it slowly dropped.

"Tyler?" I called out. I followed his smell as close as I could, leading me to an open meadow covered in flowers. "Ty?"

"Well well, look who's mate is here!" I whirled to Damon standing in the middle of field, my fingers inching to my knife.

"Where is he Damon?" I growled at him, my wolf wanting to rip out his throat. He merely buckled at my growl, stepping to his right. I sucked in my breath, Tyler stood there with three vampires hanging onto him.

Tyler had a black eye and blood lip, my heart wrenching as I took him in. "Lena, leave!"

"Let him go Damon!"

'Ethan, east meadow. Bring everyone, please hurry!'

"You know what I want Leona." I gritted my teeth, my eyes flashing in the direction of the castle.

"Fine, please, let him go." Damon mercilessly grinned, the true amount of evil showing in his black eyes.

I heard the paws on the ground as the Queen and King burst through the brush, my group of Protectors not far behind them. Tyler's Beta and Delta came in close behind them, with varying pack warriors. Ashe cried out when she saw Tyler, Xander's eyes turning black as he took it in.

"Oh look! You called backup!" Damon cackled, his lackeys laughing along with him.

"Let him go, please." I whispered the end, Tyler shaking his head as he looked at me. I sent him a soft smile, my heart hurting as I tried to pour as much love as I could through the bond.