7

September 25th

Virginia Beach, VA

Onika "Nicki" Maraj

"How've you been boo?", Candi asked.

"Pretty good I guess. Rehab is going good."

The night that Meek pulled that prank on me, I tried killing myself with pills and that was the last time before I got admitted to a rehab facility.

"You know when you're coming back home?"

"They said in 2 or 3 days.", I said and she nodded.

"Meek hasn't came to school ever since that prank."

"Fuck Meek. I'm sorry Can but that's how I feel at the moment. I trusted him and put my wall down for him and he does that."

"And it is not your fault babe. It's his.", she said and I nodded.

3 Days Later

I walked out the building and I saw my mom and smiled. I ran to her and she hugged me tightly.

"I missed you Onika.", Carol said.

"I missed you too mommy. I should've took your advice and stayed away from him."

"Its okay baby. We all have gotten played by a boy."

"Did you get the okay for me being homeschooled?", I asked and she nodded.

"You start tomorrow and its online."

"I can't wait.", I said smiling.

-

"You look good babe. You look like you're glowing.", Thembi said and Candi nodded.

I smiled and I laid my head on Candi's shoulder.

"I'm glad that you're back. Its going to be boring at school now."

"You guys can always come and see me after school. I start homeschooling tomorrow."

"I'm glad that you're happy Nika. I really am.", Carol said and I smiled.

There was a knock on the door and my mom went to get it.

"I think you should go."

"Can I please just see her?", I heard Meek ask.

"Nicki, its for you."

I nodded and walked to the door. I saw Meek standing there with bags under his eyes and his eyes were bloodshot red. I closed the door and stood up against it.

"Have you been crying?", I asked and he nodded.

"When I was told that you were in the hospital then admitted in rehab, I felt horrible."

"I just wanna know why you did it. I opened up to you, trusted you, and I broke my wall down for you and you played with my emotions."

"I know I've said this a lot but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did, how I have made you insecure about yourself, and how I've joked and made fun of you these past years. I'm sorry."

I noticed that he was crying and I sighed.

"What if you're just playing me again? You know how to make girls believe that you're into them. You did that with me and I was stupid."

"Let me take you out tomorrow. Please?"

I looked up at him and sighed.

"I'll think about it."

He sighed and nodded. He was about to start walking down the steps but then fell down.

"Meek!"

His eyes were closed and I felt for his pulse.

"Mom! We need to get him to the hospital!"

-

"Robert Williams."

I walked up to the nurse and she smiled.

"Nice to see you doing better Onika. Everything okay?"

"Yes. I just got back home today. Is he okay?"

"Yes Mr. Williams is okay. The reason for him passing out is because of his lap of sleeping and dehydration.", she said and I nodded.

"Can I go see him?"

"Yes. Room 256."

I walked to his room and walked in. I saw him looking at the tv then he looked over at me and smirked. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand.

"You had me scared there.", I said and he chuckled.

"Sleep and water is important Meek."

"I know but I couldn't sleep without knowing if you were okay."

"I thank you for that but your health is more important than me."

"Lean down."

I leaned down and he connected his lips with mine. It was a slow and passionate kiss. I put my hands on the sides of him face then pulled away. I looked in his eyes and he smiled.

"Can you lay down with me?"

"I don't know Meek."

"Please?"

I sighed and took off my shoes and got in the bed with him.

"Do you really like me Meek? Be honest."

"Yes Onika. I really like you."

My eyes widened when I heard him say my government.

"You never called me Onika. Only when you asked me out."

*Flashback*

"I have something to ask you.", Meek said.

"Okay. Say it."

"Onika, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"You were the one who gave me the nickname Nicki."

I looked up at him and he nodded.

"When you walked away, you said something about your dad. Does he have a connection to how you treated me?"

He ran his hand over his face and nodded. I grabbed his hand and looked him in his eyes.

"You can tell me Meek.", I said and he sighed.

"My mom would tell these stories to Na and I after my dad passed. She said that before she started dating my dad, he bullied her because she rejected him more than once and then after he pulled a prank on her, they got together."

"Your dad ever tell you that story? Over and over?"

He nodded and I nodded.

"He never taught you how to respect a lady?"

"No. He always told me that story over and over. It got implanted into my head. I'm really sorry Onika."

He looked at me with tears rolling down his face and he started crying on my chest.

"You don't always have to act tough Meek. We all have our breaking points. Let it out."

For the rest of the night, I comforted him while he cried.

Hope y'all liked it 😊

Excuse any Errors

-Gabby Out 💓