Look at me, would ya?

'Matt, god, this is weird.' Alex laid back and crossed his arms, staring at his mate looking through his phone. He tried to figure out what he was exactly doing as he was quickly tapping on some icons on his phone.

'It'll be fun, c'mon!' The man grinned and scratched the top of his head, wondering what he should do next. 'We need some photos of your ugly face.' He smirked and looked at Alex who rapidly sat up on the bed.

'What?! Are you kiddin' me?! I won't upload my photos online, this is ridiculous!' He crossed his arms and tried to took away his phone from Matt's hands but failed when his friend moved his hands back.

'Oh god, Alex! Why d'ya mind it?' The boy rolled his eyes. 'I'm sure people would kill to see your pretty face.' He chuckled and looked at the mobile again. 'Oh, look, this is quite lovely.' He showed Turner a picture from London, showing him standing on a certain bridge, with his shoulder-length hair tossed by the wind. Alex was wearing some sunglasses since it was quite sunny that day and a short-sleeved t-shirt. It was taken about a week ago during Matt and Alex' little trip to the capital city of England which was sort of an ending of summer holidays.
'We need to take another one, tho.' Matt stated after uploading the picture to the app which has just downloaded.

Alex groaned with dissatisfaction and laid back again. 'Why it can't be one?'
'Because your hair covers up your face.' He sighed impatiently and patted his friend's knee. 'C'mon, we can take it now.'

'Matt, please.' He slowly sat up on the bed and leant on his arms.
'No complaining!' He laughed. 'Take the guitar.'
'What? Why?' Alex had no idea what his classmate had planned this time. Although creating an account on some dating app was ridiculous enough for him.

'Just trust me, huh?' The boy tapped a camera icon on Alex's phone and sighed irritated when the app opened. 'God, your phone is a crap. I can literally see the pixels!' He placed the mobile away and took out his own. 'You should buy a new one, don't ya think?' He smirked and instructed the classmate to move on the bed to the right. 'Look at me, would ya?'
Alex rolled his eyes and did what his mate asked him to.
'Smile.' Helders ordered but after his friend's mouth twitched in a grimace, he shook his head no. 'Or better not, you look like disabled.'

'Fuck off.' He chuckled. 'Are we done yet?'
'Yeah, just give me a second.' Matt murmured, already focused on something he was doing on his phone. 'Ok, done.' The lad said and nodded at Alex to approach him.
'See? You don't look that bad.' He giggled and poked his friend's arm.

'Shut up.' He smiled in a reply and looked at the photo again.
He didn't want to admit it but the pic was actually quite adorable. He hated looking at himself, it's always made him feel uncomfortable. But this time, he had to agree that he looked good on it. His long, wavy hair falling onto his face, covering it a little, made him look quite mysterious - and what's mysterious, it's hot too. He smiled at that thought and looked again at his mate, willing to hear what they were doing next.

Matt opened the app, tapping an icon with some red hearts on it and chose a tab called 'My profile'. He quickly added two photos they had chosen earlier and started typing some basic information as name, age and place.
'Ok, look now.' The boy showed Turner the screen and started explaining how the app worked. 'Here's your profile, you can write something about yourself here and upload some photos. I don't recommend nudes, tho.' He chuckled and continued. 'And here's the main page, other people's profiles show here. Look: you swipe right to like someone and left to refuse. Ya get it so far?'

'Umm, I... I think so.' Alex's never been good at technology and he struggled to understand what his his friend was exactly saying to him. He tried to focus and explain to himself the whole 'like or unlike' thing.

'When you liked someone and they like you back, then there's a match and you can text that person.' Matt smirked when he noticed how confused his mate was. 'Give it a try, huh?' He passed Alex the phone and got up. 'Call me if ya need anything.' He grabbed his bag from the floor and headed to the door. 'Or if you find someone interesting.' He smirked and after bidding his mate goodbye, he left the room and went downstairs to exit his best friend's house.

Alex laid on the back and groaned with dissatisfaction, not willing to even open the app his friend downloaded for him. He knew Matt wanted the best for him, though he hasn't always liked his genius ideas.
Meeting people online seemed quite terrifying for him since he couldn't be sure if a person he talks with online is the same person in real.
Also, he felt dumb about it. He was always sure apps like this were made for, he didn't want to put it like that but, desperate people who lost all hope for finding love among their friends.
And besides, Alex has never been good mates with technology - he used his phone only for two things like calling and texting, tho he still struggled with sending messages.

------------------------------
Kane entered the flat and left groceries on an island in a kitchen. He sighed loudly when he looked at cardboard boxes placed all over a living room.
That was the first time he was moving - he wouldn't have done that if he didn't find a better job.
His ex-job was well-paid too but Miles started getting bored and decided to change something in his increasingly plain life. Luckily, it wasn't really hard to find a new job as an architect.

He unpacked the shopping and after making himself some tea, he headed to the sofa, passing by the boxes. He placed the mug on a glass tabletop and turned a tele on.
He got interrupted by his phone ringing, so he turned the tv off, without any disappointment since there was nothing interesting to watch and answered it.
His mother was calling him really often since he moved out from Liverpool. He didn't mind it as they've always been pretty close and Kane left his hometown with heavy heart.

When the call ended, a certain icon caught his eye - he hasn't been using the app for quite a long time but he started considering whether to open it again, after his mum asked him if he had made any friends yet.
He took a sip of his drink and tapped the icon he was looking at a while ago and went to his profile to check if information about him was still recent enough. He scrolled through his profile and closed the tab after he decided his photos weren't the worst ones and went to the main page.
He used to love playing with that app - it was fun for him, he's never wanted to begin a serious relationship with it. Also, he's hardly ever even hung out with people he met online, although some of them ended up as his one night stands.

He wasn't really paying attention to profiles and casually checking out the photos appearing on the screen of his mobile until one person intrigued him more than the others.
The photo, which seemed quite professional, showed a skinny man with long, wavy hair in baby blue t-shirt and some sunglasses on his big nose.
Miles noticed that the boy seemed quite shy - the expression of that gave him his crossed arms and turned head - he probably tried to avoid eye contact with whoever was standing behind the camera. As it was sunny day, short-sleeved t-shirt revealed his quite muscular arms, touched with the sunlight.
Kane smiled slightly when he saw the second one. The boy was sitting on the bed with a guitar in his hands and since Miles was sort of a music freak, he quickly recognized the brand of the instrument, though he couldn't see a logo as the end of the neck was outside the frame.
The boy's piercing, dark eyes were looking at him from behind the brown hair which made him feel a shiver as he felt like the man was staring into his soul.
Miles admitted to himself that he was quite lovely, although he didn't want to admit more - that he was actually absolutely charmed by him.

He closed the tab with photos and opened a description of the profile. 'Alex, 19, an hour away.'
Kane pursed his lips and sighed. 'Too young.' He thought and continued reading.
'Please, message this bitch, he won't text ya by himself. He's too shy and doesn't know how to use his phone. Certainly has no idea I put it in the description.'
Miles laughed slightly when he read that and liked his profile by swiping to the right, hoping to see a window saying it was a match.
When nothing happened, he was a little disappointed but quickly explained himself that the boy probably didn't even use the app.
He liked some other profiles but got bored after a while and placed away the mobile. Besides, no one fascinated him as much as the man with piercing, brown eyes.