Yet Another Perfectly Timed Meeting

So pleased with how my last chapter was received. Thank you to all those who voted and I hope the rest of you enjoyed it!

Ricky laughed again as he sang, pushing his hair from his eyes as if wanting to make sure the vision he'd had was true. He dropped the microphone from his mouth and cried out, before returning to the song, desperately trying to drag his eyes from Rosie, sensing those around her had started to notice his fixation.

He pulled against the hand holding him and was yanked back down to safety. He leapt up back on to the stage where the song came to an end.

The fans screamed, festival goers cheered for more, but Rosie was speechless as both Carrie and Lottie shouted excitedly either side of her.

"He saw you Rosie! He smiled and laughed at you!" Carrie screamed. Rosie was in a slight state of shock. He had seen her, there was no doubt about that. She had failed. Rosie had to be honest with herself now though. She was glad she'd failed. She wouldn't have put herself metres from the stage if there wasn't deep down the slightest hope that Ricky would see her.

"Do you know him? He was staring at you?" Lottie questioned, her face eager to find our more and regretting that she hadn't asked more when discussions were being had earlier.

"We'll tell you later!" Carrie promised as the three women all turned their attention back to the stage.

Ricky was stood at Simon's side talking directly into his ear.

"She's here!" he shouted. "Rosie is in the crowd."

Simon smiled, not really having heard what Ricky had said and the introduction to I Predict A Riot already having started. He watched Ricky though. No one could ever fault his energy on stage. But now he seemed to have increased his effort ten fold, running across the stage madly before coming to a halt in the centre and staring intently to one spot in the crowd, raising his arms for a cheer and then off again. Simon realised something was up.

Rosie felt a mixture of panic and anticipation, knowing that this moment of catching each other's eye was most likely going to be the beginning of more, far more that evening. Ricky knew she was therether and she had no idea what the rest of the night had in store.

First she had to decide whether to stay where she was or to begin heading out against the tide of people and find somewhere to hide herself away. Rosie looked quickly about her. There was no way she'd find an easy path for escape. Her eyes were returned to Ricky,  his face seemed to have changed. Where before he'd sung with an anger and force,  he now seemed to have lightened up, smiling more. Oh no. There was that phrase. Rosie wondered if people had been telling him to 'lighten up' over the past few weeks.

The cover of The Who song they'd played came to an end and Rosie recognised the introduction of a song from the album she'd bought at her local record shop. Ricky stood centre stage, arms aloft swinging them from side to side. Feeling she would stand out and not wanting to bring any more attention to herself, Rosie too lifted her arms and swayed with the rest. She could see Ricky eagerly trying to search her out, but the sea of arms was her camouflage; she could see him, but he couldn't see her.

But as the band began their final song,  Ricky took himself to an all new vantage point. Climbing the rigging of the stage, he stood on a pole, hanging from an arm crooked around another and began to talk to the crowd.

"We have been Kaiser Chiefs!" he announced,  to which the crowd rewarded him with a cheer. "And we were sent to entertain you!" More cheering. "If you see our name on a poster and it's spelt correctly, come again and see us play!" The crowd erupted and Ricky began singing,  whipping the crowd intact frenzy by the time the song had ended. With one last search of the people in front of him, he thanked everyone and ran off the stage, the revellers continuing to repeat "Oh my God I can't believe it. I've never been this far away from home!" until the last member of the band was long gone from the stage.