18

This house has seen better days... to say the least. After countless seasons of abandonment, it's hardly livable between the unlockable doors, unsteady floors, and much of the outdoors now indoors thanks to several smashed windows. 

No one lives here now, but that's not to say that no one ever has. At one point, this house was occupied by not one, but two families. In the summer months, children would run in and out freely, playing in the streets and climbing tall trees despite the danger. In the winter months, company was no less hard to come by. People were welcomed inside with warm drinks and good conversation. The foyer would be constantly damp as friends stomp snow off their boots upon entry. The house was always so full of people and any house full of family is a house full of love. 

But, the families are gone now. For one reason or another, they packed their things and took their love someplace new. For years the house stood empty but ready. Ready to invite in a new family to fill it with love different from the old, but just as beautiful. No families came, though. No one moved in, no one brought life back to the old house. 

Which is how we arrive at this image. 

A great house standing stark and empty with no one to make this house a home.