It's Complicated

~A Report~

I watched as the girl we had all fallen for, before any of us knew what love was, attack Sean. She was swift about it, going for demobilization rather than the kill. She knew her limits and how to best attack given her size.

If it hadn't been Sean she'd just taken down, and if I wasn't next in line, I would have been proud. In fact, I think I was, just a little bit.

She took him down in three seconds, he was knocked out thanks to a pressure point in his neck, and then her eyes were on me. Two blinks of her refreshing green eyes was all it took before she tried to get the best of me as well.

But I was a trained Hunter, and unlike Sean, I saw it coming. I trapped her hands in my own and pulled her so close that she couldn't swing out at me with her legs. She was just short enough that her head tucked under my chin, and I could smell the strawberry shampoo she used.

That was until she pulled her head back and slammed it into my chin.

"Wait, ow, Sang, why are you fighting? You know us.." Confusion and pain clouded my thoughts. "We're family?" I could hear my voice dropping an octave, but if anyone ever asked, I wouldn't admit it was the hurt and betrayal.

She reared back, a bruise already forming on her forehead, but her move had been effective because she'd escaped my hold. Then again, I wasn't trying to be as aggressive as she seemed to be.

"Family?" she practically growled. I saw the tears form in her eyes, but she didn't seem to notice. "You want to talk to me about family?!"

My hands stretched towards her on their own. Where the hell is Luke and Silas? Or Nathan.. Anyone?

"Sang..." I tried, but she cut me off before I could figure out what I was planning on saying.

This wasn't how I envisioned seeing her for the first time in what felt like forever. My day dream had been a little more heartfelt.. Maybe with some hugs. I knew for a fact that her family had been targeted by Timothy's other half, because of the way her family was.

Besides, Sang wasn't allowed to have a glass of water up in her room, much less a candle.

"You all left me!"

"No, Sang, we didn't, please let me explain.."

That was all I got out before her little fist smacked me right in the eye.

I stumbled back a little. Training begged me to even the score, but I would never dare. With a hand cupped over one of my eyes, I tried to count my heartbeats. This is all wrong. She's wrong. She's...

I lifted my eyes up to meet hers just as Nathan and Owen burst into the hotel room.

"You're protecting her," I accused, hating the words even as I spoke them. "You're protecting the bloodsucker who kidnapped you and killed your whole family."

She flinched back and shook her head. "You don't get it." She finally whispered.

"I believe we all need to sit down and have a conversation, because clearly there's some blurred lines to the story we've all been telling ourselves. Sang? Sweetheart," Owen's voice cracked and was imperfect for the first time in years as he looked at her, "Why don't.. Why don't you go first. If after we've all said our parts, you still want to leave we will let you, and we won't interfere in whatever you've got going on down here."

I shot a look at him. Like hell we're doing that, I thought. He didn't meet my eyes though.

~Sang~

It didn't take long for them to all gather together in the pitiful hotel room they were renting. I was so hurt and angry at them, that my hands wouldn't stop shaking. North noticed.

He always noticed everything.

But he didn't comment on it, or try to hold my hands still like he had when we were kids and I was telling them the latest punishment my mother had decided to unleash on me. I was sitting on the dingy desk, while they piled around either bed and the floor.

Kota had an ice pack on his eye, and Sean continued rubbing at his head. The pressure point I'd used had knocked him out, and in turn given him a killer headache. I felt kinda bad about it, but at the same time I felt pleased.

Adelaide's face swam into my mind.

For some unknown reason, the reminder of her had me forgetting how I'd even managed to pull off the moves. It was like any knowledge I had on the subject faded away, leaving me wondering what exactly I was trying to remember in the first place.

I blinked a few times and met Kota's gaze. He was watching me curiously.

"Trou- Sang. Are you going to tell us your side, or would you like us to go first..?"

Luke smacked the back of Gabriel's head, and shushed him. I would have smiled, had he not reminded me that this was the moment where I told them everything.