ten

Kass

This night might be better than I originally thought. If Laney is going to be sticking to my side like glue out of fear of the "hauntings" then I'll be happy for the supposed hauntings.

"You want to get set up in the living room while I pop some popcorn?" I ask her.

"Mmmm," she hums, turning to head into the living room. "You know I love your popcorn," she calls over her shoulder. I watch her ass as it sways in her tight shorts when she continues down the hallway.

I grab a saucepan, drop in some popcorn kernels, and pour some oil on top. That microwave shit just doesn't cut it; I need the real deal, drenched in butter. I know it's not on the football diet, but I can always run an extra few miles in the morning.

Laney is snuggled up to my side; the blanket that covers her is pulled up to her nose. Each time Will Smith ventures out of his home for supplies or more mutants to experiment on, the blanket rises to cover her eyes.

She told me yesterday that she loves this movie and it's one of her favorites, but she spends the majority of the time with her eyes covered. It's a good one, and I've seen it before, but I would never have pegged it as a horror movie.

Laney pushes her face into my side when Will goes into the darkened building filled with mutants. "This is the worst part," she whispers.

"I thought you said the dog dying was the worst part."

"Okay, this is the second worst part." Her voice is muffled by the blanket covering her head.

I chuckle and rub her bicep, easing some of the tension that has seeped into her body. She really lets these movies get to her. It's cute, and I can't say I'm not partial to the excessive cuddling. I'd hoped we'd be doing a little more than cuddling, though.

The movie ends, and I am so glad Laney is still awake. She normally passes out halfway through, and although she's cute as hell when she's asleep, I'm not ready for this night to end just yet.

"What do you want to do now?" she asks, stretching her arms above her head.

Least favorite thing about the movie ending? Laney not covering the side of my body with hers in fear.

A loud crash sounds upstairs and Laney jolts back in my lap.

"What was that?" she squeaks.

"Probably Scott knocking something off the dresser again." Scott is my mom's cat, and his favorite activity is knocking shit off of high places, especially breakable shit.

"Oh," she concedes, pulling herself up and away from me once again.

"Wanna go for a swim?" I ask with hope clear in my voice.

She looks at me skeptically "In the dark?"

"That's the best time to swim. Besides, there are lights in the pool," I reason.

"I didn't bring my suit."

I smile. "Even better." I know she only lives in the house next door, but after the movie we just watched and her insistence that the house is haunted, there is no way she will want to go anywhere without me. That includes going to her house to get a swim suit.

She shoves me playfully. "I'll just dip my legs in the water."

I grab her hand. "C'mon."

I turn on the pool lights in the backyard, as well as the twinkle lights my parents hung around the deck when we first moved in. I hadn't noticed before, but the yard looks kind of romantic lit up like this.

Dropping Laney's hand, I grab the hem of my shirt and pull it over my head. I drop it next to me and move to undo the button on my jeans. Laney stands across from me, watching my every move with rapt attention. The button pops through the hole and I slide the zipper down slowly. Don't get hard. Don't get hard, I chant in my head, but it's a struggle with the way she looks at me.

Her face is flushed, painting her cheeks and neck a nice pink color. I love getting her all flustered.

"You could always go in your bra and panties. It's not much different from a bikini, anyway."

Laney doesn't wear bikinis. At least none that I've seen. Her one-pieces are hot and hug her perfect body tightly, but seeing her bare stomach and heaving breasts peeking out of her bra would fulfill one of my many fantasies.

She gulps, and her eyes dart to my fidgeting hands next to my sides. Laney slowly shifts her gaze to my boxer briefs, her pink cheeks turning a shade darker. Her fingers toy with the edge of her shirt and slowly, the hem is lifted, revealing the perfect skin of her belly. I watch as each inch is uncovered and her hot pink bra is on full display.

Don't get hard. Don't get hard. Shit. A semi will have to do. It's about all the control I can muster at the moment.