eleven

Laney

This is happening. The next level. I might let him touch my boob tonight. His hands on my body. This is what I wanted.

I slowly slide my shorts down my legs, revealing the blue boy shorts I'm wearing. I should have worn the matching panties for the bra. Why didn't I wear the matching panties? The first time a boy sees me without my clothes on and my bra and panties don't even match.

What is that? Is he growing? I've never seen a penis before—and I can't see his now—but what I assume is his penis seems to be getting larger. Is that supposed to happen? Should I ask him? No, that's probably weird.

He smiles at me.

"You are gorgeous."

My skin flushes, and I know I probably look like a ripe tomato right now, but the way he's looking at me makes me think the color must be appealing.

His smile grows seconds before he takes off running and cannonballs into the pool, splashing me.

"You're gonna get it!" I yell before jumping in the pool right on top of him.

He ducks out of the way as my body breaks the water, and I miss hitting him by mere inches.

"You're not supposed to jump on top of someone already in the pool," he mock-scolds me, wading closer to where I'm treading water.

I smile. "What are you, the lifeguard?"

He chuckles. "Only if I can give you mouth to mouth." He wraps his arms around my middle and pulls me close.

I pretend to ponder that for a moment. "As long as I don't have to drown first."

Kass's mouth falls on mine—softly at first—but once he notices I am all in, his lips press harder against mine. Up until now, we've mostly only given each other pecks on the lips, and I've never done any more with any other guy. His tongue traces my bottom lip and he squeezes me tighter to him. My mouth opens eagerly and he doesn't disappoint. His tongue delves in, and I tentatively tangle mine with his.

Seconds after the kiss began, I am plunged completely into the water, and we break apart.

We both come up for air, breathing hard.

"Sorry," he apologizes, "I lost my footing."

A loud, barking laugh escapes from deep in my belly and I have no idea why. He yanks my foot out from underneath me and I'm submerged in the water once more. I come up right in front of him, my front rubbing against his.

My hair cascades in front of me, keeping me from seeing anything. Kass quickly pushes the hair away to reveal my whole face. His smile is tender and happy.

"I like kissing you," he whispers, his mouth hovering near mine.

"I like kissing you, too," I breathe.

"I think we should do more of it. Lots more."

I laugh. "Maybe we should get out of the deep end first."

He nods. "That might be a good idea."

***

Toweling my hair off in the bathroom joining Kass's room with the guest bedroom has me thinking of the sleeping arrangements tonight. I know Kass swears the house isn't haunted, but the glass shattering in the kitchen and the loud noise he claimed was Scott have me believing otherwise.

Standing in the doorway to Kass's room, he smiles at me from the bed. He scoots to the edge and rolls the covers down beside him before patting the bed next to him.

"I don't know..." I hesitate.

"C'mon, you know if you go into the guest bedroom to sleep, you're going to be up all night thinking about the 'ghosts.'" He air-quotes ghosts.

I drop the towel in the hamper next to the door and walk over to the bed. Kass pulls the covers back more and I slide in beside him. He turns off the lamp next to the bed and we are bathed in darkness. After a few minutes, my eyes adjust to the soft light coming in from the window, and I turn to face him.

His smile takes my breath away. In it, I see all of the feelings I have for him returned for me. He touches my face tentatively, tilting my head up and searching my eyes before leaning in for a kiss. It's more than a peck but less than what we were doing in the pool moments ago.

He breaks from the kiss but pulls me in close, and I rest my head on his outstretched arm. Together, wrapped up in each other, we fall asleep.