Chapter One

Chapter One

It was the day after Christmas breaks and I did not want to go to school. The reason was that my father was very sick. And if I didn't go to school, they'll call and I would have to convince them that I wasn't skipping. They would usually believe me because I rarely was absent.

My father was 6 years old in human years and he had the flu. Every year he had one. I would always expect it.

I didn't go to school that day and the strange thing was they didn't call. I checked my computer to see if maybe we didn't have school that day but we did. Strange.

I looked through my medicine cabinet and found the pills for my father. I shook the bottle but nothing came out. Great. Now I'll have to go to the vet and get some. I never went to my pharmacy though so maybe I'll see if they are there today.

I sighed and put on my coat. I have only a bike. My mom's car was still here but I couldn't drive that thing. So it would take a lot longer to get there without a car. And it was the middle of winter. But I knew I had to get the pills. Father could die without them.

I went to the garage and got my bike. I gazed at my mom's car, telling myself I would learn to drive it one day. I hopped onto my bike and opened the door. The weather wasn't that bad. It wasn't snowing and there was no wind. I started riding my bike to my pharmacy. It would take about an hour to go and get back. But it always seemed shorter. I got there in about 30 minutes and chained my bike and went into the store. It took about 5 minutes to find the right pills. I also bought some cat food, water and some goldfish. When I paid, the cashier looked at me funny. I ignored him and went out the door when I saw one of those popular kids from school. She was with her mom who seemed just as bratty as herself. I freaked and slowly started going the direction of my bike pretending I was going to my car. She saw me.

"Rae!" The girl, Jess, said. "Nice coat!"

I pretended not to hear her and then I remembered something. I didn't put in my contacts. That's why the cashier looked at me funny. My cat eyes were like nothing any ones ever seen before. So I can't have Jess look at me. I just can't. She'll freak. Or better, stop bothering me. Hopefully she'll think they are contacts.

"Crazy girl," I heard her mumble. Then my worst fear came true. She started walking over to me. "Hey, loser!" She took my shoulder and spun me around. I was looking away and trying to keep my eyes closed so she wouldn't see them. "I'm more popular than you, you should respect me. Hey, look at me!" I finally looked her in the eye. Actually looked at her. She took her hand off my shoulder and slowly backed away. "That has to be contacts." She said. "It's got to be. Mom?" But her mom was already calling someone. And I knew, by smell, that she was a hunter. She killed Diana and my mom. And now she's after me. I was running now. I unchained my bike and started riding. Away from Jess. Away from the store. Away from anything. I just wanted to go away forever. But I knew I had to get Father. I had to get my belongings and pack. I had to leave. For now, I'm being tracked.

Like the story? I update everyday so be sure to check in! Like, comment and share please!