Meet the Bounty Hunter (Team Fortress 2 fanfic)

(author's note: Hey Guys! Seven here (dat weird ass author) and may I say happy 10th chapter Jewel and TF2 fans~ To be honest, i never thought the story would get this type of feedback ^^|||. I thought I would have stopped at chapter 2 but no, you guys were supportive enough to have this go to chapter 10~! I love you guys so much, thank you for the support of my writing and your love for my Team Fortress OC and I hope you'll love this till the end. That being said, lets start our next chapter)

Jewel tossed her body to the side and groaned. She was sleeping on the bottom bed from a bunk-bed and the mattress was already terrible enough, but overnight she seemed to get used to it. Somewhere in the morning, she felt a hand shake her by the shoulder. It sounded like her uncle. "Wake up Jewel, today's yo-". Jewel interrupted her relative with a flailing arm to brush off his hand. "Let me sleep dad, it's Saturday." She said with an attitude and tiresome tone. Not even a minute later, just before she drove herself into slumber, a LOUD trumpet blasted in her right ear and jumped to hit the top buck's bottom surface, for her to then fall onto the floor. Jewel noticed Sniper, trying to hold in his laughter, along with a man wearing a western soldier helmet and obviously the one who blew the trumpet. She got herself back to her feet, "Alright, was blowing a bloody instrument in my ear really-". The man yelled at her with a general like tone, "DON'T YOU TRY TO QUESTION MY AUTHORITY MISSY." Jewel swore when he did that she felt some saliva hit her face.

"You wanted to stay here with your uncle, well today's the day you earn the privilege!" It was official. This is the second guy here that scared Jewel. Sniper gave her a reassuring look and bumped the man's elbow. "Com'on Soldier, we better wake up everyone else, before the Administrator does."

-------------------------------------------

The RED team all went to the first room, the training facility, and all stood in a straight line, except for Soldier who was in front of everyone, still acting like some leader. "JEWEL! COME FORWARD!" He yelled. The girl stepped forward and saw Soldier motion a hand for her to get closer. She looked back at her uncle for motivation, and then continued on. The hard helmet man escorted her to a box-like containment and gave her a knife similar to her uncle's. Soldier turned to everyone and announced, "This is the test of close combat, the exercise will test your ability how your instincts would react in self defence to a near by BLU enemy." Soldier then went to a panel on the side that contained buttons, "Let the simulation begin." With that he pushed a green button and a siren rang through the room. Jewel didn't have any idea what was honestly going to happen. Then, a BLU Heavy, screaming at the top of his lungs, was running straight towards Jewel. "Dammit, It's bad enough this man scares me the most..." When the Russian was near feet from Jewel, the girl flinched, and just swung the knife in an up and down motion. Then she heard another siren, lower than the one she heard before.

She turned around and saw some of the RED crew the ones who didn't approve of her, laughing or holding back laughter. She blushed in embarrassment and turned to Soldier who was face-palming. "This is gonna be a LOOONNGG Day." He said under his breath. He then walked out to the next text, Sniper brought Jewel aside and rested an arm around her shoulder, "Don't worry Jewel, it was just one test, I think you can past the next one." Jewel looked down, "I hope so".

Sure enough, the next test was simple, grab and run. "This test will involve your speed, get the briefcase and run back as fast as you can, and you will be timed." Soldier told her. She heard Scout chuckle behind her, "Good luck blue hair, No one can beat the record I got." He looked at his cuticles for his ego. Jewel sighed, and gave focused to the briefcase. When the siren rang. She ran to get the briefcase. Sure there was a few obstacles, but she made it back with the objective. Soldier pressed a button, obviously the timer. "Hmm, you almost beat Scout's record actually." Scout stopped gloating in his head, he laughed nervously, "Uhh, what do you mean by...Almost?" Soldier checked the scores. "She almost beat you by ten seconds." With that Jewel gave him a humorous smirk, "What's wrong Scouter? Hate having competition?" Scout glared at her, and with that, everyone walked to the next test. Engineer brought her aside, "Nice choice of words there Jewel, keep up the effort you gave in that last test, you got nothing to worry about." Jewel started to smile. "Yeah, your- your right. What can possibly go wrong anyways?"

-----------------------------------------------------

Sadly, everything went wrong. She failed the next test which involved power and kill points, failed the next which involved building simple pistols, failed the one that involved medicine. The only two she didn't fail at is stealth and sniping. Other than that, she didn't do so hot. Just after finishing an exercise that involves pushing a cart with a bomb from one end to the other. Right when she made it, she fell flat on a concrete floor huffing, with Soldier in front of her, arms crossed. When she had the strength to lift her head up, "How did I do?" She asked, her face filled with dirt and mud and a few bruises giving Soldier a smile.

The man before her gave a single chuckle, "You can't guilt trip me lady." He turned and began to walk, "Either way, you did absolutely terrible." Jewel's eyes widen, quickly getting up she ran up towards her tester. "You you cant be serious right?! I mean I passed," she said under her breathe "or did decent", "in at least 3 tests can't I get some sort of retry?" When the two go to the crowd, Medic seemed to have hear Jewel's statement. "You Know Soldia, zere is zat VON test the boss has been keeping in case of a new playe-" Soldier interrupted the doctor. "No chance! She couldn't get the first test right, so what makes you think she could get a good rank in that test?" He then began to walk away, along with some of the crowd who were laughing. The ones who stayed in their place were Jewel, Sniper, and shockingly, A man in a red mask. Sniper patted Jewel on her back when he turned to see her, a face of both shock and depression. "Look on the bright side Ankle Biter, at least you were able to see me." He then walked away, leaving Jewel with the other man. The girl sighed, did this really have to go wrong? All she wanted was to see and possibly stay with her uncle. "You could have been a good member to our team mademoiselle" The man beside her said. She looked up to him. He began to walk away slowly, "I'd give you a retake, with the bounty hunter test." Jewel still stayed there she exhaled in disappointment. "Retake. What good is a retake if I'll just fail again." She looked down, holding her chest until she finally walked along with the previous fray.