chapter 4

When I wake up, the first thing that cones to my mind is the forest. The beautiful forest I discovered right outside here yesterday. In a rush to get outside again, I get ready for the day quickly. Just before I step outside my door, not even bothering to wake Annika, I am stopped.
I hear a ringing sound from behind me and turn around to see a screen, emerging on the wall, from nowhere.
"All people in training, please report to the gym," says a cold, mechanical female voice.
The screen shuts off and I wake up Annika so she can come too, she is in training with me to be fair.
While Annika gets ready to leave I wonder who we will see in the gym. Before my thoughts actually get going Annika stands up.
"Lets go," she says.
I nod. I am so tired that speaking seem a like to much effort right now.
We get to the gym unexpectedly quick. I thought it would be hard to find, but was mistaken. We found it just down the hall to our room. On the way there, we find multiple other rooms that are similar to ours, making me wonder who stays there. I decide to ignore it. Ill probably find out soon anyway.
When me and Annika arrive in the gym, we see quite a few things.
On the left end of the gym is 6 chairs, all with small desks, and a whiteboard in front of it. On the other side we see a room with a giant window on front of it, a small door of to the side. It is labeled as "virtual reality." In the middle of the room is a bunch of training equipment, such as dummies.
Not knowing where to go I stand in the room, leaning against a wall, and wait for someone else to come in.
The next people to enter are, 2 boys. I notice that one of them is the orange haired kid who stood, staring at Annika the other day. He is standing by a smaller kid. He has dirty blond hair, naturally tan skin, but I cant see his eyes.
Two more kids run in, one girl and one boy. The boy has chocolate brown hair and hazel eyes, his skin is an olive color. The girl has chocolate brown hair and blue-grey eyes, like mine. The 2 are laughing at something, but when thwy finally catch their breath, they run to catch up with the 2 other boys.
When we get to where everyone else went, which ended up being the classroom like area, we sit down and no one talks. Eventually another person walks in, an adult. He has greying hair and brown eyes. He approaches us, a faint smile visible.
"Hello everyone. As you can see we have some new people joining us, they will also be training with us," the man says. I look over at the small blond kind and finally get a glance at his eyes. I look away immediately, being stricken by how intensely green. They were, an almost indescribable color, some might say was emerald green.
"This is where you will be learning your schooling, you are still children after all, so I suggest you get to know this place. Before we do any training or learning, which will start tomorrow, lets learn names," the man says. Im excited, I finally get to learn the blonde boys name.