Chapter 13

I wake up and feel a kind of deja vu. The feeling of the first day of school. I feel like I am back in kindergarten and going to school, anxious, excited, scared, all at the same time. Leaving the house in your favorite clothes, a giant smile on your face and telling your mom you love her so much you'd think your never going to see her again.
Tracey gets up last and rushes to get ready. We all stand by the bathroom, yelling at eachother and rushing to get ready. Annika, Tracey, and I consult eachother on our outfits. Tracey is easiest, we end up deciding on black and white shorts, a pink, silky looking jacket, black shirt and pink slip-on shoes. She curls her hair and ties it in a ponytail. Annika wears a long white button-up shirt with black leggings and her black ankle boots, her hair down. Her clothes are much simpler, but she really doesn't need anything elaborate. I take the longest, like always, but we still make a decision with enough time to relax be for we leave for school. I end up wearing a red flannel over a flowy, white tank top, blue jeans, and blue slip-on shoes, similar to Tracey's. We all walk together. The school is relatively close, and we got up really early and have a lot of extra time.
The walk is tiring, with our backpacks pulling us away from our destination. I practically feel like I'm going to fall over at every step. I do trip once and I lay on the ground for probably another minute or so. Everyone is laughing, and I laugh too.
"What's our first class again?" Simon asks.
"I've told you this about seven times Simon! Its Homeroom, then math," Annika says and laughs.
"Sorry, my brain doesn't comprehend 'math'. It just doesn't," simon replies.
"You know what I don't comprehend. The brunets, Tracey and Noah, are going to end up together. The red heads, Simon and Annika, will end up together. I have black hair, levi has blonde hair, who will we end up with," I ask, joking around.
"Clearly it will be you and Levi anyway. Think about it like this. I'm short, Simon is tall, Tracey has powers, Noah does not. Opposites. Blonde hair, black hair. Perfect," Annika tells me.
"So you agree with you being matched with Simon?" I ask.
Annika sticks her tongue out at me. At flips her hair, overdramatic.
"Wait, so we find out where our lockers are when we get there?" Levi asks.
"Duh," Noah says.
"I haven't been in any public school in six years," Levi retorts.
"What? For me its only been three! Tracey too. And for Simon, two years, and Annika and Kamryn, less than one year," Noah yells.
"Yeah. My parents sent me to the training building early. Didn't have the money, or time, to take care of me. Age 7 and I was living here. Not here, sorry."
We walk up the steps to the school and Tracey stops walking. I feel butterflies in my stomach and I know thats why she stopped. I go back down the steps and pull her through the doors, where everyone else is waiting.
"Lets do this thing," I say. We laugh and go to the front office.