chapter 17

I didn't expect it. It happened so fast. We're in Idaho now, my arm is in a sling. Annika is passed out next to me and has a gash on her forehead, right above her right eyebrow. Levi and Savannah are sitting so quietly I am having a hard time believing that they're both alive. Simon is holding Annika up as best as possible with one shoulder dislocated. Noah is near tears because Tracey got the worst of it. We stopped to get a snack right outside of Idaho, I don't know what state we were in, but there was a gas station. We walked out and chose a snack each, as we were walking out, they found us. The ruffians, as we call them, have been tracking us. They are so vicious and cruel, I don't believe they are human. It started with me, but I was lucky. A bullet cut my arm, along the edge, above my elbow. Levi charged and was about to light up some fire, but got a hit to the head, knocking him out. Aside from a bruise and a bit of a bump though, he is fine now. Simon and Savannah tried to keep the ruffians focused on them, while Noah and I ran around one side, and Tracey around the other she raised her hand, and blasted them with hurricane powered winds. She was just warming up, but couldn't do better because she was shot in the shoulder and a ruffian agent hit her ib the temple with the but of his gun. I started a blizzard hoping to block their sight better, while Noah ran to Tracey. He was shoved down by a ruffian and hit his head on a rock, knocking him out. It was a noise when it collided with the rock, but when Tracey was hit, you would've thought the gun went off. Mr Cohen ran out like a maniac, and hit everyone with a shovel. Those who could run did and got in the van, and Mr. Cohen dragged everyone else into the car. Tracey was first, then Noah, then Levi. I dont know what happened to Savannah, but she was knocked out to, and simon dragged her into the car as well. Savannah woke up around 5 minutes after, and Noah and Levi after that. Apparently he had a really bad head ache, but he ignored it and held Tracey's head in her lap. Annika is next to Simon, and he can't seem to look away from her. I know he wants her to wake up, even though she is fine. I got passed a sling from the front seat and hurriedly shoved my arm into it, after finding something to wrap the bullet wound in. I pass another wrap up to Noah for Tracey's shoulder. I wish there was one more for her head, but there isn't. The last thing is a giant bandage and I apply it to Annika's head. We pass by a sign. Welcome to Idaho. There is nothing just like I thought there would be. Maybe its be a we're right by the border of the state. Annika gets up slowly. She looks at me and Simon, and we bothe give her a hug.  Two, three, four hours later -I lost count- we get to our new home. Everyone is awake. Everyone but Tracey, who has officially brought Noah to silent tears.