chapter 18

"Where...?"
"Tracey!" Noah ran to Tracey who had finally gotten up at 7:59 p.m on Sunday. We had gotten to our apartment in Idaho that morning. Idaho was nothing compared to NewYork, but bigger than I expected still. We are not going to worry about school, we have to train, with the Ruffians on our trail. Tracey is attempting to sit up, but I feel like she is going to rip her hastily done stitches if she does even that. My arm is too beat up to do much, but I was shot in the left arm, so I am good to try my powers.
Noah eases Tracey's head back to her pillow, and smiles. "Relax. If you are ever going to get better, you better chill." I am surprised he could use humor, if you can ca it that. He was so devastated earlier, about one minute ago actually.
"Couldn't have chosen a worse time to get hurt, eh? My birthday is tomorrow." 
I had the urge to say happy birthday, but they needed their moment. Instead I went to train. I walked into the steel room in our apartment, which I found interesting when we first got here. I had asked Mr. Cohen about it, and he told me that we had a safe house in every state. Very convenient, I had thought. I raised my arm silently, and as the door shut behind me, called upon a blizzard.

☆ ☆ ☆

I bet you I looked pretty silly, with my arm in a sling and the other raised above my head, but practice makes perfect right? The wind swirled and snow flakes and hail form in the air, as it so often had with me. This was different though. The room was melting away, despite the cold, and forming a new scene. I was atop a mountain - Mount Everest, I somehow figure out - covered in snow, with more falling. The air is cold, dry, and thin, but it is no obstacle to me. My powers are raging, roaring to be released, so I let them go. All snow within a quarter mile radius is lifted off the ground and swirled into my storm. As I calm my powers, I am back in the training room, and levi is by the window, looking at me with his green, green eyes.
I walk out the room and try to pass him, my brain still comprehending what had happened, but he grabbed my hand as I passed, and I instantly froze.
"What happened in there? You were there one second and gone the next! You have ice powers, not teleporting, right?"
"I... uh" he was still holding my hand, but now it was between both of his,  though he didn't seem to notice. "I was standing there and the room melted away while I made a storm, and then I was on top of Mount Everest. Maybe I got there because I was thinking about the cold at the moment, of course, and Mount Everest is really cold?" I know it didn't sound like a tipical question, but I wanted an answer, and so it was. Levi laced his fingers with mine, though it seemed like he had no idea.
"Be careful." He let go of my hand and I left at the same time he did. I got to my room, in Idaho I had my own, everyone did, and shut the door. I did a silent happy dance and collapsed on my bed. Suddenly the new found superpower didn't seem as astonishing anymore.