Chapter 14

Our lockers are located right next to eachother. In order, fron left to right, its Annika, Noah, simon, me, tracey, and then Levi. We put our extra stuff away and gather at the other Sid of the hall.
"Advisory is in room 216, with...," I search for a name, "Mr. Cottle."
"Hi! I heard there were some new kids coming!" I didn't even see her coming. All of a sudden a frizzy blonde haired girl, a few inches shorter than Annika and me, but still taller than Tracey, is standing next to me. Her eyes are a stormy blue, and she is very pale. She is thin and built like Tracey too.
"What is your first class? Oh and I love your outfit!" She tells Annika.
"Oh, um, thanks! And our girst class is with Mr. Cottle. Do you know where is class is?"
"Oh my goodness! I was hoping this would happen! Every time there are new students they are assigned a class schedule with one of the other students! I applied last week, and finally it happened! We have all our classes together," she must see that we arent quiz as anxious as she is about this, "Sorry. I know I babble. I'll show you to the class."
She leads us down a hall to the left, where we enter a morning-lit classroom, three doors down and to the right.
"What class does he teach normally?" I ask, eager for anything to talk about.
"Mr Cottle? World civilizations. We all call it world civ. History you could call it too," the girl tells me. She has a similar sense of style to mine. She has on dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt with the face of a leopard printed on it.
"Cool," I say, the conversation I was hoping would blossom, no matter what it was, didn't happen.
"Whats your name?" Levi asks. I glance at him,  but then look back after I notice that he seems generally interested in her. I feel a flash of something, unpleasant whatever it is towards the girl. Am I jealous?
"Savannah," she says, with a bright smile. The smile fits her, along with the name. Savannah, like then landscape. It always reminded of the bright sun, warm and pretty. Wether or not it is actually like that, I don't know.
"Pretty name," Annika says.
"I forgot a pencil," I say. I'm not sure why, but I don't like this girl, no matter how sweet she really is.
"I'm sure I have an extra!" she says and smiles, her bright little smile.
"No its fine," I try to say it lightly, but I know there is a bitter tone running underneath.
Tracey looks down before saying, "I'll come with you."
"Yeah me too. You can get to know these other children," Annika adds, gesturing to the boys.
I walk out with Annika and Tracey, just after I hear a light, nervous laugh from Savannah. I don't like her, but she is still super nice. I'll make an effort to, at least, get to know her.