The Begining

*Based on a true story*

Jess was a lonely teen. She was very socially awkward and she had only one close friend, Kay Smith. One day Jess went over to Kay's house, and for the first time and met Finn, Kay's younger brother. It was love at first sight, for Jess anyway, and for months Jess went unnoticed by Finn until one day she decided to speak up. This was not like Jess but she decided to take that chance.

Knowing that Kay wouldn't approve Jess waited for a moment alone. While Kay was in the bathroom Jess decided to finally talk to Finn. She casually walked into Finns room and watched him play his game quietly for a minute while she gained up enough nerve to actually say something.

"What are you playing?" She said breaking the silence. This startled Finn a bit, because he didn't know she was in the room, but he didn't think much of it. He just looked for a minute as to come up with an answer.

"Your Kay's friend right? And Minecraft." He asked, still unsure of exactly who Jess was.

"Yea. I've always wanted to play Minecraft. Can you teach me how?" She asked still nervous, wondering as to when Kay was going to come back.

Finn was a little reluctant at first, since he had just met Jess, well the first time he could remember, but agreed anyway. He then patted the bed next to him, showing his agreement. Jess slowly walked over to the bed and sat down, a little uncomfortable at the closeness, although Finn didn't seem to mind.

Finn started to teach Jess the basics, passing the controller back and forth. For once Jess was having fun with someone other than Kay. Every other thought escaped her mind when she was with him. Even the very important ones.

All of a sudden the door to Finns room flew open in rage. Kay was back from the bathroom and was furious.

"Finn! Stop messing with my friends!" Kay yelled. All Jess could do was watch the two as they continued to fight. Finally she put her foot down.

"Just stop!" Jess yelled. They both looked so surprised. Even Jess was surprised at the volume the words had escaped her mouth. She gave one last look at both of them and then left.