Chapter 8 Chemistry

Beep!Beep!

The sound continuously rang through out the room.I groaned out in annoyance and slowly opened my eyes.Light immediately went into my eyes.I hissed out in pain like a vampire and used my forearm as my shield.

I looked around and squinted my eyes at my alarm clock that said:

6:20 a.m.

Okay...Wait,what?!I rubbed my eyes and quickly stood up.I looked around and sprinted towards the bathroom door.I grabbed the handle.I quickly turned it and got inside.

I looked at my reflection at the mirror.
I seriously looked like shit.My wavy natural hair was all over the place,my eyes were bloodshot like I've played my phone 1 week straight.

I groaned out in frustration and stepped into the shower.Once I felt the hot water hit my body,I quickly sighed in relief.I massaged my scalp and scrubbed my skin.I rinsed off all the soap and shampoo and got out of the shower.I grabbed the towel by the sink and securely wrapped it around my body.

***

I got into a sea green floral shirt with red and blue roses,black high waisted black ripped jeans and white vans.I tied my hair up in a high pony tail.

I gladly accepted what I wore and grabbed my phone from the lamp desk and shoved it into my right pocket.I took my bag from the hanger and ran out of the room in a flash.

I ran down the stairs and straight into the kitchen.I saw Cameron,eating an apples with coffee by his side.I glanced at the clock by the wall beside me as it said:

6:50 a.m.

I quickly took a granola bar from the basket of granola bars and walked in front of the door.
"Bye Cameron"I gazed back at Cameron as he gave me a wave.I flashed him my pearly whites as I started to walk out of my home.

I got in my baby and started it's engine,I started the car as it's wheels started to move.

***

I drove to school with only 5 minutes to spare.I know,my house is near but,not that near.You guys get what I mean.I got out of my car and clicked the lock button.

When I already heard the 'click' sound of the car,I ran towards the school entrance doors.

I dodged the students that were in my way.I reached my locker and punched in the combination lock.I took out my needed books and notebooks and shut the locker shut.

I got into my Chemistry class just in time as the bell rung.I sat at the very back,not minding as the students began to flood into the classroom.They all sat in their seats as a guy with gray slick hair and black eyes came into the classroom which I am assuming  was the teacher.

He faced us and scanned the classroom with his bare eyes.His eyes landed on my figure.
"I can see a new face here"He smiled warmly as I gulped.
"Stand up and introduced yourself"Je ordered.I quickly obliged with his request and stood up.I looked around and the classroom and sucked in a deep breath.

"Hello,I'm Catherine Marianne S. Metalium.I am actually not new here.I went here 2 years ago and left for New York for 2 years and here I am now.If your going to ask why I moved away it's because of some technical difficulties with me and my classmates"I quickly said.

Whispers erupted through out the classroom.Our teacher nodded his head,meaning that I should sit back down.I hurriedly sat in my chair and began to listen to what ever he was going to say.

"I am you Chemistry teacher,Mr. Christopher"He writes it down on the chalk board,earning a bit of whines from the class because of the 'squeak' sound the chalk made.

***

A few minutes later,the door flung open as a student appeared.
"Ah,Mr. Mayhem why are you late?"
Wait,so he's in the same class as me?This school is so twisted!
"Business" Dylan shrugged it off.Mr. Christopher gave him a cold glare.
"1 hour detention.Sit beside Ms. Metalium"He told Dylan,pointing to my table.

This day is the worst day of my life.Dylan turned to my direction and smirked.I sighed heavily as he approached my table.I crossed my arms against the table and placed my head on it.I heard the chair beside me squeak but I didn't bother to look his way.

I felt hot breath fanning against my ear.
"Aren't you supposed to listen?" Dylan asked seductively into my ear.I groaned
loudly.
"I am but I cant because of your mouth near my ear I can't"I told him in a lazy voice.I could imagine him sitting back up at his chair.

I hope he won't be a distraction to me.I took my head off my crossed arms and looked at the board.I noticed that there were some writings at the chalk board.I got my notebook and pen and began to write it down.

"Psst" A voice beside me said.Okay,he is going to be a distraction.
"Psst" The voice said again.I ignored it once again.I felt a hard hit against the side of my head.I rubbed that spot and looked up to see Dylan with a smug smile on his face.

"What?!" I yelled-whispered to him.He smirked at me.
"I've finally got your attention?"He asked me.
"Puh-lease,you just want attention" I rolled my eyes at him.He gave out a deep chuckle.

"Anyways,I have a party on Saturday and I was wondering if you could be my date?" He asked with a hint of hope in his voice.

"No" I said sternly.Does he think that I would come with him?No way!
"What,why not?" He asked,a little irritated.How is he irritated? I'm the one who is supposed to be frustrated you ignorant jerk!

Silence fell upon us as I guessed that he was trying to figure out why I declined his offer.
"Are you still holding a grudge?" He asked shockingly.
"Why? It's been 2 years.Get a grip! Loosen up!" He exclaimed and luckily,Mr. Christopher didn't hear him.

"Who told you that you could just order me around?Some people hold a grudge because they are scared it would happen again.Maybe,you would prank me at the party.Maybe you would humiliate me.I happen to be one of those people who hold a grudge.It may be annoying but we just be like you guys,the ones that doesn't get bullied on but now,I'm happy that I got bullied cause I'm not an inconsiderate jerk like you guys" I said coldly with venom seeping into my little speech that I did.

I turned away from Dylan's stunned figure and began to listen to Mr. Christopher's lesson.I was actually glad that I got that out of my chest.

***

Ring....!

As the bell rung through out the school,signaling that it was already lunch time.I got my books from the table and stood up.I felt a tug on my arm.I looked behind me to see that my hand was in Dylan's.

"Let go Dylan" I said coldly towards him.
"Let me explain" He patiently told me.I looked up at the clock.
"You have 5 minutes" I crossed my arms over my chest.He inhaled deeply and let out an heavy sigh.
"Okay,I'm sorry for what I said a while ago.I didn't mean to do that to you and I didn't know what your reaction would be" He sadly said.

Okay,is he bipolar now? I stared at him for a few moments.
"I accept you apology" I calmly told him.He looked up at me and put on smug smile.
"What are you,bipolar?" I asked him as we both burst out in fits of laughter.
"Yeah I guess so" He quietly said.I slipped my hand from his and began to feel empty inside.What the heck is wrong with me?!

"Bye" I said as I turned around and started to walk out of the classroom.When I reached the door I heard.
"The offer still stands!"He yelled after me.I chuckled lightly.
"Sure!"I yelled behind myself sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

I got out of the classroom and headed towards the cafeteria.Today was going to be a long day.

Hello reader! Do you guys like the sudden change of Dylan's mood?I hope you do cause so I want you to follow meh!Please?Thx for understanding!
Yuki_Kamori86 Out!
✌️