Red is Mine

Dear Diary,                                                      Nov. 27 2011

               Every girl should meet their prince charming.  Even if he’s not a prince and not all that charming with four feet, fur and sharp canine’s tainted in human blood.  It’s one of my wishes that came true. Yet, not the wish that I wanted to come true.

            While the other little girls wanted to be princess, a prima ballerina, Barbie etc, I wanted to be the ruler of the world. We can easily establish who had the bigger goal here. Sadly, I’m not the ruler of the world but currently possibly, probably, very likely linked to a werewolf. Yea, yay for me…!  I get a hot werewolf that is my ‘mate.’ This ain’t twilight. He isn’t Jacob. He’s not younger than me and he’s most definitely not my ‘mate.’ Is he attractive? I don’t know, maybe I should go to his door step with my last dying breath and ask “Are you attractive?” Well, it’ll be the last thing I’ll see, so I better hope it’s worth it.

                My grandma would tuck me into the bed like any other grandma would, and would tell me stories about a female or sometimes male wearing red. It’s not little riding hood but I could see where the story could have originated from. Red was the mark of the werewolf’s lover or I could say victim. They were forced to be with this werewolf and make a family. Nice Grandma Right? I had no idea what rape was at the time, so I thought she meant the werewolf and the human fell in love and had a nice big happy family. Oh, I wish.

               She specifically told me that the wolf was no good. It killed many villagers. It's lover wouldn’t do anything to stop the werewolf and continued to watch the killings with no remorse. Once the werewolf places it’s marking, the human will feel more for the wolf than the villagers. The human had to wear red around the village so that the villagers could recognize her. If the human didn’t wear red, the werewolf would grow upset. If another that wasn’t the werewolf’s lover dressed in red, he/she would be certainly killed. So, the moral of this story is not to wear red. Sadly, red was my favourite color before she told me the story and I was too stubborn to take the advice.

              My mother told me a different story, about my grandma trying to kill me and the werewolf actually saving me. It wasn’t true but I find it funny at the time. I believe my grandma is crazy enough to do anything. Still, I expect to be waking up from a dream and be singing out ‘it was just a dream’ loudly.  As if werewolves exists. As if one would want to kill me just because I wore a certain color. How could they see red anyway? I thought dogs were colorblind? Or was that just dogs and not wolves?

             At least I don't have some wicked witc-well there is this one girl but I don't think she can be classified as a witch. She's more of a troll, ogre or Bigfoot to be exact. Seriously, the size of her feet are huge! I bet if she walked around the forest barefoot, there would be enough proof for big foot to exist. Who doesn't have that one girl that they just hate? I do.

              Why couldn't I be the ruler of the world instead? 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I continue to post, or shall I keep this to myself? :)  I need to know if this is good or not.