Chapter 6 Wildly Insane

Chapter 6

            Dates. Not exactly my word of fun. If anything, it was nerve racking and stressful. I really never wanted to worry about if another person liked me or not or if I did something I shouldn’t. And I specially didn’t want to think about what would happen if I screw this up with Adrian.

                “Adrian.” I ran my fingers through the grass.

                “Yes.”

                “Where are we going?” I frowned. He was leading the way in front of me through this overgrown jungle of grass. I couldn’t see any civilization in the distance from where we were, only because the trees were covering any view below us.

                The first place he took me was at this coffee shop because he wanted coffee and I just grabbed chocolate milk like the little kid I was. I’m sure that didn’t label ‘just a kid’ thing on me. Then he left me there for a good twenty minutes because he needed to do something quick...and ever since he left... I don’t know. It just felt like his mood changed or his behaviour.

                “You’ll see.” He looked back at me with a smirk.

                “You’re not plotting to lead me in an isolated place and kill me are you?”

                He laughed.

                I was being serious. I carefully turned myself around and start walking back to where he left his motorcycle, hoping he wouldn’t notice me just leaving him to keep going on his own.

                “Rienne. Where are you going?”

                I turned back around and saw him standing on higher ground looking back at me with a raised eyebrow and crumbled forehead. Where did he think I was going? Saving myself from being isolated. I wasn’t an idiot. I only knew him for maybe two days and something was out to kill me. I nibbled on my bottom lip and gave a half smile.

                “Somewhere where there are a lot of people.” I wasn’t going to lie; then I explained, “Something has been threatening me lately if you haven’t noticed. So...I’m not exactly comfortable with going anywhere completely alone with another person. No offense Adrian, but I don’t know you well enough to trust you.” That’s good. Be a smart girl.

                He let out a heavy sigh and tilted his head to the side, “I didn’t take you as the coward type.” Coward? Did he just call me a coward!?

                “What did you just call me?” I snapped my fingers. That was dramatic.

                “Does it matter?” He shrugged, “Okay, come on scaredy cat, let’s go back.”

                “I am not. I so am not. Call me anything but I am not a coward. I’m a brave idiot.” I crossed my arms. And sometimes I wish I was a coward so that I wouldn’t be so stupid and get myself threatened by a serial killer. Because let’s face it, being a living coward is better than being a brave dead idiot.

                “Fine. Let’s go further than...” I roll my eyes and walked forward until I bumped shoulders with him, even though I didn’t know where we were heading. He smiled and went on ahead of me again and pointed the direction new were going, straight and then the left. The more steps we took, the more I wasn’t feeling sure about this. Did I just make a dumb decision?