Ch. 7 Taken over.

Chapter 7

          Adrian tilted my head forward, and tugged my hand, dragging me north to squeeze in-between two bushes. His hold felt like air, like it wasn’t exactly there and he wasn’t, not Adrian. This wasn’t Adrian. This was him; and the horrible near drowning feeling in my stomach from holding onto a ghost, a monster, an illusion couldn’t be ignored.  The more this monster lead me on, the more a certain awful decay scent strengthened.

            My foot snapped a twig, the sound seemed loud against the silence of the forest. He tilted his head back to me, putting a finger at his lips with a quiet ‘Shh.’ I swallowed hard and kept on squeezing through bushes, moving past the trees until he came into a stop and pushed me at the side by my shoulder to stay behind a tree. He pointed forward at Veronica with her hair in a fishtail braid sitting down on the slanted field. She was twirling her fingers, touching her hair, glancing back and forth around the area now and then, pushing her flowerily red dress down and staring down at her flats. But, there seemed to be something beside her but she covered most of it. She always seemed like she was holding her breath and then, he tugged me a little more to the side.

            My legs almost crumbled into the ground. Oh my god. 

            Involuntary, I stepped back. The nausea and dizziness overcame me and I soon sprinted back, but he grabbed my wrist and kept me at the spot and I had no strength to fight. I wanted to look away, but I couldn’t. My eyes stayed on decaying body beside her, laying on its front.

            Large eyes soon came in from behind her, grey fur and large paws stepping in and strolling in front of the body, a giant freaking wolf. Veronica rose up on her feet, a half smile lifting up. She pet the wolf’s fur while it start snacking on the body, blood streaming on the wolf’s nuzzle.

            I really did need to barf. I tugged away from the hold, kept tugging, wanting to leave. This could have been another delusion. Sweet Veronica wouldn’t let some giant wolf snack on a human. She just couldn’t. But...he said that Trent would be here? So where’s Trent? I looked back at him and glared, “Let me ou-“ He covered my mouth and gave me a look telling me to shush again.

            “Wait.” He whispered in my ear and soon enough something else came-human-Trent. Oh for a second there I thought he was a wolf...How does that make this any better? I looked back at Adrian and he had a frown on his lips, giving a small quiet scowl. All the sudden, he vanished in thin air, right in front of me. My eyes popped. Automatically, I turned the other way to leave this hell hole. I just can’t see this. I can’t watch something like this and believe it’s real either. Trent, Veronica wasn’t two psychopaths killing people and feeding them to a giant wolf that wasn’t probably real in this first place.

            Are you still seriously not believing it? Only a part of me wanted to say. I ran, kept on running and realized I wasn’t paying attention to where my feet lead me, but did it matter really? As long as I was anywhere but there, I didn’t care. I did manage to get back to my grandma's place.

                                                            *    *    *

            “Mom, I’ll be home in four hours... This has been then eight time I’ve called. So your phone must have died... Anyways, call me back.” I fit my phone into my pocket and slumped down into the car seat and glancing over at Diar. At first I thought it was awfully nice for him to drive me, but I suspected an ulterior motive. Say, wanting me to get out of his damn life.