Chapter 1 Men and chickens, both alike.

Patience young grasshopper, it will get very interesting. That's a promise :)

  Chapter 1             

                 Little Red didn’t see it coming. Neither did I.  Despite all the similarities to the fairytale, they were far off from each other. Let me tell you, being in a fairytale isn’t all fun and games. Haven’t you noticed that all fairytales the girl always almost dies? Does that mean I have to almost die before somebody could save me? I’m pretty sure if a witch poisoned me, a kiss won’t in hell actually raise me from the dead, unless they were a vampire. Prince charming is too little too late too late! Sorry, charming but you ain’t so charming when you’re late for my funeral. Besides, I’d rather save my own ass thank you very much. The only thing that could kill me is if I don’t bring food to my grandma.

                   Guess what...? I’m being sent off to grandmas! See you in the afterlife. Well unless some hot werewolf appears and decides to help me slay my grandma and take back the world’s food supply. Hey, it’s not that I hate her. I’m actually very fond of her. It doesn’t make me the first insane person in the family. Well, according to my parents, beating up two guys is insane. It wasn’t my fault they picked on my friends. They could touch them but they can’t hit me. It only took a small punch to get them to cry. I’m not superman either. I’ve never hit anyone my life! I don’t pick fights and I don’t act as if I’m tough.

                My head dropped low against the cold glass frame of the car window. My eyelids were slowly falling down by the sickness. I could feel every single rock the tire touched underneath, sending it through my stomach and starting to come up into my mouth. The road toward my grandma’s village was terrible. I looked over the window and felt more sickness coming up. There was no railing to stop us from falling off the mountain. The height was incredibly steep and it would surely kill us if someone accidently turned the wrong way. Hopefully my cousin here doesn’t feel depressed today and decides to take a trip down to hell.

                “Are we there yet?” I whined.

                “Almost,” He quickly replied.

                “How close is almost?” I frowned.

                “Close,”

                “How close?”

                “Close enough!”

                “Ten or twenty minutes?”

                “Yea, ten to twenty minutes”

                “Which one?”

                “Ten!” He exclaimed. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I fall down on the empty space at the back of the car and watch the center of the radio and stare at the time. Ten more minutes... I bet he’s lying and he’s just saying this to get me to shut up. I yawned and jumped up thoughts around my head until it reached ten minutes, yet, we weren’t there.

                “I thought you said it was ten minutes,”

                “I said we were close,”

                “Close isn’t a half an hour Neil!” I reminded.

                “I don’t know how long okay!?” He snapped his head at me, completely out of focus of the road ahead. I widen my vibrate green eyes and shook his shoulders and he gained focus again. I fell down back into the back seat again and just awaited for the arrival. Then, it just hit me. I pulled myself against his seat again and stared at him from the side.