CH 3 | Dad

Ughh! Why is English so boring. We're learning about Shakespeare. I'm finding it hard to just keep my eyes open throughout the class, and now we have to do a presentation about him with like a minimum time off, like, 20mins. Like, what the heck!

Ughh, I hate school...

***

Well, school passed faster than I thought. I am so tired that I might just collapse on the ground any moment now.

I find all the strength I can and manage to continue walking towards my car. It's not even a car, to be honest. It's this minivan thingy, and it's green. Not the pretty color of green - it's the boogers kind of green.

I know, disgusting!

My dad couldn't afford a good car for me, so this is what I get.

Anyway, I plop inside my car in exhaustion, and just sit and relax there for a few minutes. Once I was done with my moment of silence, I was just about to start driving when I saw Bryan walking towards my car.

There, I swear my heart skipped a beat.

Oh god, his blue eyes were a beautiful shade of the sea, and he looked so hot as he brushed his hands through his silky brown hair.

Ugh, dang it.

He just walked past me. Seemed as though time went a bit too quick just then, though, or perhaps he's just a fast walker... Well, either way, of course he passed by me. I mean why would he come to me in the first place.

The thought made me feel even worse than how I already was.

What was I thinking!? Why would the school's most popular guy come to me in the first place; the ugly nobody.

I start driving angrily, slowly calming down as I drove down the road. I reach my house and get out of my car. Suddenly I hear a loud noise, coming from my house.

Oh no! Not again.

My father probably got drunk. Again. My body suddenly starts shivering as the cold breeze flew past me, giving me goosebumps as I walk towards my house in the nearby distance.

I turn the knob of the door nervously, and quietly walk inside. Suddenly I hear footsteps coming from the living room.

"Hi Avery," my dad said with a smirk - not a very pleasant, nor a sober one.

Ohh boyy. This ain't gonna be pretty.

***

"I'm sorry!" I cried as another smack of the belt touched the side of my cheek.

I'd totally forgotten to put the letter back, and my stepdad most probably found out. Gosh, why am I so stupid!?

"Please, don't hit me," I whimpered with my legs numb on the floor; all bruised. My small whimpering voice and the sound of the belt were the only sounds that echoed through the room.

He stopped for a second, making me think that he'd stopped hitting me, but, who am I kidding. When he's drunk, nothing ever ends well.

Another smack of the belt comes jolting across and hits my arm, hard.

"Ahh!" I scream in pain, blood starts dripping down my arm.

Seeing the blood, he started panicking.

He grabbed me hard by my other arm that was not yet injured and threw me on my bed. The mattress of the bed slammed hard against me; it didn't feel so comfortable anymore.

"Sweet dreams," He whispered - loud enough to be heard by me, as he shut the door behind him. There, he left me physically and mentally wounded.

By now you'd think I get tougher, but nah.

What's worse than being a loner, is being a weak loner.

I cry quietly. My arm hurts a lot, and the blood dripping down the side of my arm didn't seem as though it was gonna' stop anytime soon. I managed to get some strength, and get up slowly, heading my way towards a drawer. I opened the first drawer; where I hide all the medical kits and grabbed a piece of cotton to press down against the bleeding, hoping it'd stop.

There as I scurried my hand through the drawer, in search of any other good stuff, I managed to set my view on a bandage. Without hesitation, I wrapped the bleeding, with the cotton below it, keeping it in place.

The least is that it'll stop by tomorrow morning.

That night I cried myself to sleep, hoping more than anything, to just see my dad, and remember his comforting presence.

***

I slowly get up and rub my eyes sleepily. My arm still hurts, but at least it's a little better now. My hair looks like a giant mess - not that I care by now.

I slowly get out of bed but as soon as my feet touches the ground I freeze. The ground felt so soft and smooth, almost like a carpet. I looked down at the ground. "Aha! it is a carpet," I say, praising myself.

"Wait... but how did it get here," I wondered. "Was my dad perhaps kind enough to buy it for me as an apology gift, after harming me last night?"

Ha, as if.

I get up and walk towards my closet, and as soon as I opened it, I was left in awe. Beautiful dresses were hung from one hanger to another. None of them seemed used. They definitely were NOT mine, as I don't recall me getting anything like them, but hey, I wouldn't mind keeping them 😉.

Anyway, I noticed the colour of the walls. They were a light shade of blue... Like the colour of the sky.

So beautiful.

I went over to my study desk which was just a table before but now it has so many drawers and even a whiteboard attached to it. This is so not my room.

Have I been kidnapped or something?

I walk towards the window and gaze at the beautiful scenery. Before you could just see people walking the crowded streets of LA. I like this view better. I go downstairs, so many questions revolve in my mind and right now, I just need an explanation.

I walk into the kitchen and my body freezes. My muscles tighten and unstoppable tears form in my eyes. I just stand there in shock. My mouth tries to form words but it seemed too hard at the time. My mind couldn't focus, and my heart's beating faster and faster every second.

Finally, I find the strength to speak.

"Dad?".

***

Hello peeps!

How have u all been? I know I am dancing around with happiness because I am updating on time for once! Anyway, please do leave a comment below and vote if u liked this chapter! I will try and keep updating on time but the people who have read my previous stories know I am not very good at this job.

I have one question for you:

What do you think of the story so far?

Tell me in the comments below!

Sooo...yeah. I will see u guys in the next chapter.

Love u all to the moon and back! xxx 😘.