CH 5 | I have powers?

"... You?" I asked, shocked, and amazed by the figure standing in front of me.

"Yes, babe?" He questioned back, casually. His mouth forming into a sneaky smirk as he brushed his hands through his shaggy hair.

Suddenly my face flushed in anger and my eyes grew wide. I glared at him, furiously.

Jake! What the heck are you doing here!? Don't tell me... You followed me here too?! This is getting too much!" I yelled in frustration, spitting on his face as I shoved the cookie tray roughly in his hands and stomped away. "Just stay away from me and my family!"

I quickly ran inside the house – taking deep breaths, attempting to calm my anger. Not that it'd will work so easily.
I walked into my room and jumped on the bed, ready to cuddle with my teddy bear. Upon the thought was when I realized.

I frantically looked around the room trying to find it. Not a moment too soon, was when I realized it wasn't here. Saddened by the fact, I laid down on my bed, under my fluffy blanket, reminiscing through the past events that had happened in my mind.

I closed my eyes, trying to remember a single piece of memory on to how I got here.

Is this a dream, perhaps?

Flashes of memories passed my mind, as I tried to focus on what happened that night.

***

Hopefully the bleeding would stop by tomorrow morning," I hoped to myself.

I laid down on my bed, with my arm resting to the side. The bandage was a little uncomfortable but it will have to do.

I softly cried onto my pillow, and attempted to close my eyes and sleep.

***

That's it. I slept, and as soon as I opened my eyes, I was here.
How's that possible?!I messed up my hair in frustration. I looked at my reflection in the mirror across of me. I had crease lines on my forehead because of so much thinking. I decided to go out for a walk to relax a bit.

I called out to my dad and shut the door behind me. I took a jacket in case it'd be a little cold. The jacked dangled on my waist as I walked in the quiet streets. The wind felt so nice, as it brushed against my pale skin.

I looked around at the beautiful scenery in front of me. Birds flew swiftly in the ocean-blue sky. I saw an old women waking down the street.

Finally! It's about time I meet some new people.

I greeted her with a simple hello, but she only stared back at me – seemingly startled by what she'd just witnessed.

"Is there something wrong...?" I asked her, confused.

"You are.... Avery? Avery Woodford?" She asked hesitantly. The wrinkles on her face popped out as she spoke.

"Yeah, that's my name... Do I know you?" I asked, whilst looking at her, still really confused. I tried to figure out if I'd seen her before, as my view focused on her.

"Your mother and I used to be good friends. I treated her like my daughter. I am really sorry for what happened," She informed me politely. The sadness in her eyes were noticeable.