New life

(Cadence p.o.v)

Me and Gray talked the whole flight. We caught up, what we missed in each other's life. He told me that he never stopped thinking about me and that he promised himself to visit me when he was 18. Well, as he tried to find me, he was really sad, cause he couldn't find me. But now he found me and I'm so happy that I have my best friend back. I told him how my life went up side down and he was shocked. My parents thought I was crazy, because of what I told them and since that day I had sworn myself, to not tell anyone else, expected of Kiara and Gray. They will never let me down!  Kiara believed what I told her. She had always known that something was off with me. As I told Gray, he grind and said "Honey, I always knew you where something else and that's just the price" My heart was filled with love as he said that. After a lot of fun, shock, crying and lounging we were finally in Cambria. Than again a loud female voice said "Thanks for flying with 'Cali air' and have a good night. We hope you had a good flight and come back soon". My thoughts were like. I'm never gone ever take a flight back to Austria. Only to get Kiara away from there, but that's it. I don't want to see this horrified looks again. They where all terrified. About what? About me and what I have already done. "Are you thinking about home" Gray said with a disgust but also sad voice, as we were going trough the dark airport. It was like 10:30 p.m. here. "I'm thinking about there faces. They were all so afraid of me" I said with a worried face. "Since I was last there, the city had changed. The people there got even dumper, than they already were. They are all thinking, that they know what is going on, but only you, Kiara and me know what is going on and it's good to keep a secret." "You are right Gray, why are you always the smart one." I said while I giggled. "Don't know, maybe cause I'm older babe." He said with a deep voice. "That doesn't work with me 'babe' and you are only half year older than me." I said with air quotes and a big smirk on my mouth. "I don't think you have a place to sleep, so let's drive to mine" Gray said. "Sounds good, but I have an apartment without any furniture." "So you are staying at mine" he asked. "If you incised" I said with an evil smirk on my lips.
An hour car ride and 200 stares later, we were finally in Grays apartment. I kind of fell in bed and closed my eyes. Soon a low voice said "I will protect you Cade, you are my little sis." I pulled him closer to me and took his chest as a pillow. Then I whisper "Thanks bro, I can always count on you."

1 month later

(Cadence p.o.v)
Since I was in California, I furnished my apartment, found myself a job in a coffee and I'm searching for a coauthor for a book I want to write. Grey and I are meeting every day and he helped me a lot in the last month. I'm so thankful to have a friend like him.
Well I'm sitting on the beach in front of 'Molly's beach bar' my fave beach bar in Cambria, with a thinking look on my face and a pen between my toots, trying to write my book ahead. Still without a coauthor. Suddenly my phone rang...