We Can Work It Out

James' lips were twisted in a scowl and he got up from his seat, glaring darkly at Jett who was sitting in his seat and watching with a smug smile.

"I need to talk to you," James said through gritted teeth, pulling Jett out of his chair by his collar and dragging the movie star over to an area with various potted plants surrounding them. James could see Logan getting up to follow them, worried face and lips curling into a frown as he approached the brunettes. But James was far beyond angry now, he was furious and was positive that his face was extremely red and only grew redder when Jett's smirk didn't disappear off his face. "What the hell do you think you're doing!"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jett feigned innocence and James really wanted to punch that disgusting smile off of Jett's face. The movie start tilted his head to the side, "You know, I didn't think she was telling the truth about her dating that weird little blond of yours after she saw me reading a magazine about you two. But wow, I'm glad she was right."

"You bastard! I'm going to-"

"Come on, James. I know you don't want to fight me when your 'fiance'," Jett said that with a smug grin that made James slightly begin to sweat, "is in there with his ex."

James' eyes widened. He left his blondie and his baby in there with that homewrecker! The brunette shoved the movie star aside and his manager that was sputtering out apologies left and right. Kendall was twirling a fork in his hands, the waitress gone and Jame let out a small sigh. Kendall glanced over as James took his seat next to his side.

"I ordered coke for you, is that alright?" Kendall asked and James nodded.

"Yeah, that's alright. . .sorry if this is uncomfortable for you. We can leave right now," James offered and Kendall shook his head.

"No, I'm fine. We don't get to go out to restaurants that often and we probably won't when the baby is born," Kendall replied and James frowned. Why was Kendall okay staying where his ex was working? He should be just as uncomfortable as James was. He should be more than angry that he was here and would want to leave. . .unless Kendall wanted to see her. . .okay, James was irritated now. And it just got worse when the waitress came back with the drink, settling the soda down in front of the singer and a water in front of the blond. Jo smiled at James shyly.

"I'm a huge fan of your music," she complemented and normally, James would have gave a charming smile but instead he was giving a deadly glare. He took a sip of his soda and wrinkled his nose.

"This soda is bitter, take it back," he said, handing it back to the waitress and turning his nose at her. Jo blinked and then hurried off to get some sweeter tasting soda while Kendall looked at the brunette with a raised eyebrow.

"What's your problem?"

"Kendall, are you not registering that your ex is here?"

"Yeah, and your ex is here too. James, me and Jo are over like you and Jett are over. Let's just not ruin our night together," Kendall said softly, taking a hand to twirl the ends of James' hair and James smiled at the gesture.

"Here you are, so sorry about the inconvenience," he heard the blond waitress reply and rolled his eyes. "Are you ready to order?"

"I'll have the steak bouchon, rare. And make sure that the mushrooms are lightly sauteed and spooned off to the side with the sauce béarnaise glazed over the steak evenly with some of those garnishes for decoration. And the potatoes I want to be au gratin. Another thing, this soda is still bitter. Just get me your finest and most exclusive wines, preferably one that was imported from France," James said his lengthy order that Jo was hurriedly scribbling down on her pad while Kendall stared at the brunette with a hanging jaw. He couldn't be serious. James turned to his stunned fake fiance and snapped his fingers, "Ah yes. And he will be having-"