twenty seven | Cast Lists & Dead Ends

"It was lined with perfectly cut shrubs and rose bushes"

❀Bethany and Chris' house: Saturday, March 11thI was back home with my sister and her boyfriend in their Philly townhouse, and I was completely exhausted

Bethany and Chris' house: Saturday, March 11th
I was back home with my sister and her boyfriend in their Philly townhouse, and I was completely exhausted. I was in the hospital for a total of 15 days, and James would be there even longer. He had gotten the brunt of the electrocution, and along with that, found out he had Epilepsy.

But today I was focused on something different. I was helping my newfound friend, Carson, with a Catfish-type situation with his (possible?) baby-mama.

We had met when I was in the hospital. Carson was a nursing assistant-in-training, and I had been placed in his care during my stay. But helping him today was also a distraction from my own problems, waiting to catch up with me. I had recently gotten into a huge fight with my best friend Jordana, James and his condition were on my mind 24/7, and I was still a little worried about Laney, a new mom-to-be in my grade. Not to mention the gang that had kidnapped James and I (and a few friends) in the first place.

"Lana, someone's here to see you!" My sister, Bethany, shouted from downstairs. I gathered my backpack together (because you never know) with extra cash and a change of clothes (and more), but I had a feeling this trip would take us to outside Philly.

"Oh," I said when I realized it wasn't Carson at the door; it was Ryder.

"I didn't think Jordana had told you yet, so I thought that I should. The cast for Suessical was posted yesterday, and you got the part of Mayzie LaBird!" Ryder exclaimed, breathlessly.

"Really? Wow! That's amazing! Who are you? Who is Jordana?"

"I'm Horton and Jord is Gertrude McFuzz, but I brought you the cast list. Here," he pushed a yellow piece of paper towards me and turned around to leave.

"Wait, Ryder," I said.

"What?"

"Thank you. Jordana hadn't told me."

"No problem. Have a nice day, Lana. You too, Bethany," he waved goodbye and started off down the street. It touched me that he would rather pay for a bus ticket to give it to me in person, than tell me over the phone.

I un-scrunched the cast list from my hands and read it over.

Suessical Cast

Cat in the Hat- Olivia Marsh (grade 10)

Jojo- Jenna Cardwell (grade 10)