Chapter 4: Card Master vs. Patience

I’m so weak.

So, very weak.       

I slammed my head down against the lunch table as I continued to wallow in how pitifully weak I was.

Not physically weak, but mentally. Watching Macey go through the whole week as if nothing had happened combined with my undying urge to walk right up to Lincoln Boy’s School and kick this Mr. Kinsley where the sun doesn’t shine.

“AARGH!” I cried out before slamming my head against the table, letting out a loud string of profanities when it hit the side of my plastic lunch tray and was sliced. The girl walking next to me whimpered before running off to the back of the cafeteria.

Okay, fine. Maybe I looked a little crazy. A girl slamming her head repeatedly on the table and cursing like a sailor when she got a scratch, but I was completely justified! This whole patience thing was not designed for impatient people!

“Here, I got you a band-aid,” a voice said, I looked up to find Macey holding out a pink band-aid. I looked at it and snorted, as if I would wear that.

“Either you take the band-aid, or your cut will get all pussy and you’ll have to use disinfectant,” she persisted.

I winced to myself. I may be strong, but god dammit that disinfectant freaking hurts! You’re pouring alcohol on your face! Acids! Who would even invent something like that!?

Quickly, I grabbed the band-aid from Macey and smaked it on my head before yanking my hoodie up over my forehead and turning away. A frustrated frown on my face due to losing the argument.

“You’re actually really childish sometimes you know that? Disinfectant isn’t that bad.”

“Yeah? Well tell that to the thousands of dead bodies lying in the corner.”

“What? Dead bodies? That didn’t even make sense!”

“Whatever. I’m not childish, that stuff just hurts,” I huffed.

“How come you never told me you were from Egypt?” Macey stated. I stared at her like she had three heads.

“What? I’m not from Egypt. I’ve never even been there.”

“Then why you in DENIAL!”

Macey stared at me expectantly for a moment, as if she expected me to laugh at her pun. Really Mace? Really? I realized I was thinking this, and said it to her instead. Macey simply shrugged before opening up her sandwich and peeling off the tomatoes.

“Yeah, well at least I tried. By the way, I talked to…him.”

I instantly sat up attentively, my full focus on her now that she was acting normal. I waited for more information, but when she continued to fiddle around with her sandwich I grew agitated.

“Just freaking eat it already!” I screamed at her, she startled for a second before mumbling a soft apology. I instantly felt bad.

“S…Sorry Mace. I’m just feeling a little snappy today because of what he did to you…”

“It’s fine. It’s not you. It’s just…him.”

“Well? What happened?”

She slipped into silence as she seemed to choke on her words. That was never a good sign.

“He’s a jerk isn’t he,” I asked tentatively. Macey nodded before givin gme a watery smile.

“I’m…sorry Mace,” I mumbled. Macey simply shrugged again and blinked away tears that were threatening to spill out.

“I’m fine. It’s like, whatever. I’m over it. I just thought that maybe…” she whimpered before furiously rubbing at her eyes. As I watched her try and blow it off as if it were nothing, I felt my fury grow back even stronger than before. I slammed my chair back and stood up, storming towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Macey called from behind me, I stopped and sent her a reassuring smile over my shoulder.

“To the hospital. They need to keep an ambulance clear. I have the feeling they’ll be getting a new patient pretty soon.”

***A/N Ooooooh! She's maaaaad! I wonder what's gonna happen? Actually, I already know what's gonna happen. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I know this one is pretty short, but i have the next few chapters all planned out, so they should be a lot jucier. Anyway, hope you enjoyed! This chappie is dedicated to BlazePierre for making the AMAZING banner at the side! So go check her out, she might even make one for you too. ;)

Vomment and Shan!(Vote + Comment, and Fan +Share! Hey, i tried ^_^)

Aissa <3***