Ink Stains (A. Ham x Reader)

You knocked on the door of your good friend Alexander's house.  The door opened up and the housekeeper greeted you with a warm smile.

"He's upstairs in his office," She told you. "Not like that hasn't changed since the last time you came to visit."

You chuckled and climbed up the stairs.  You walked down the hallways and gently opened up the door and saw Alexander furiously writing down something on a piece of parchment.  He was so busy with whatever he was doing that he didn't even notice you come in. You smiled sadly at your friend. It made your heart ache seeing how tired he looked, with the dark bags underneath his eyes and dirtied calloused hands from all the ink he has spilled on them.

"You need to take a break, Alexander." You said softly.

Alex flinched slightly and jolted his head up. "(Y/N)! What a pleasant surprise!" He said in a rough voice from not speaking all day. "I'll be done in just a moment."

You nodded and smiled at him, it not reaching your eyes since he says that whenever you came over but never staying true to his word. You grabbed a book from his library and made yourself comfortable on the window seat.

You sat there for hours, the book you grabbed tossed off to the side while you gazed out the window, lost in thought. You turned back around to see Alexander scribbling still by the candlelight, his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to draft out what his beautiful mind was contemplating. You could tell the lack of sleep was catching up to him as his crossed out many sentences and rewrote them. You sighed and pushed yourself off of the window sill. You walked towards him and grabbed his ink stained hands.

"Alexander please take a break," You quietly begged. "You need to lie down."

He shook his head, "I need to get done (Y/N). I need to."

"When was the last time you slept?" You asked him.

He looked up from his paper and blinked at you, "What?"

You sighed and released one of his stained hands to grab his cheek, "When was the last time you slept, Alex?"

At the nickname and your touch, he let his entire body relax into your hand and closed his eyes.

"I haven't slept in ages."

"Well let's get you into bed." You told him.

You called for the housekeeper to organize his mess of writings while you led him to his bedroom. You were about to blow the candle out and leave when one of his hands grabbed onto yours.

"Thank you (Y/N)," Alex whispered to you. "I don't know what I would do without you."

You giggled and leaned closer to him, silently tucking away one of his stray hairs behind his ear, "You would probably waste away and never even notice."

He laughed and tugged your hand, causing you to fall on top of him. He wrapped an arm around you while used his other to grab your cheek like you did to him earlier.

"I'm glad you finally convinced me to take a break," He smiled at you. "If you didn't I would have never done this."

He gently removed his hand from your cheek to push down your head towards his for a passionate kiss. You gasped but closed your eyes, letting yourself fall into the sensation. Your entire body was flushed against his and you kissed back, causing him to groan. He gripped your hair as it got more heated but soon the both of you had to come up for air.

As Alex looked up at you, he started to laugh. You flushed red and asked him what he thought was so funny. He smiled and wiped something off of your cheek.

"I may have accidentally got some ink stains on you, my love."