Chapter Nineteen

(Thank you so much for the 1K reads on Children of the Ark!!! I am soo soo happy!!! I haven't been writing much lately because of school and my finals for my final year of high school are almost upon me, but since we have reached 1K reads, I am going to post a chapter today, and then another chapter tomorrow!!!! I am only up to Chapter 21, (I know, slack right?) but I did start writing a little bit of it yesterday, so hopefully I can get back into writing again soon so that I can finish this book! I have some ideas for new books, or maybe I will make a second one of this book, who knows!! But thank you so much again for 1K reads, soo here is Chapter Nineteen!!!)

It was close to early morning and I was sore and tired from the trip back to the Lion Clan. I had managed to escape the people who were coming after me, or at least stopped when they saw the womans dead body. I was trying to get back to the Lions as fast as I could to warn them. After the first half an hour of the trip back, I had stopped running and started to walk. I sped up over time as I gained my energy back, but it took all night for me to get here.

I knew that the guards saw me coming, and I'm sure that they heard my heavy footsteps and panting breath and I came up to the door and pounded on it. It opened up almost instantly and I saw three guns pointed at my head.

"Woah. Calm down." I said between breaths, I put my hands on my knees to catch my breath. Once I caught my breath I continued talking. "I came to tell you that the Snakes are coming tomorrow morning to attack. And from what I heard, they have a lot of people and weapons."

"Come with us." One of the men who were pointing a gun at my head grabbed me by the arm and started to drag me towards the big tent where I talked with the leader yesterday.

I was struggling to pick my feet up and I kept on stumbling. The man didn't let go of my arm the whole way there. He was practically dragging me around and I couldn't get out of his grip. I'm happy that there wasn't a lot of people out and about, seeing as it was quite early in the morning.

Once we had reached the tent, a guard that I hadn't realised was following us walked into the tent, leaving me and the guard with a tight grip on my arm outside. We waited for about five minutes before the guard poked his head back out and told us to follow him.

I was back inside the tent. The last time I was in here, I was rejected by the Lion Clan Leader, and then after that, Tyler and I had a fight and I just wanted to be alone for a while. But instead of that happening, I just happened to hear some Snakes mention that they are going to attack the Lions.

If Tyler, Zoe and Jess hadn't have been here, I wouldn't have even bothered about telling them anything, but I made my way back here and it took all night, only to be treated like crap once I got here. I mean, come on, give me some respect. I know that you're about to be attacked.

I saw that it was only the leader sitting at the table this time, and there was no one else in here except for the four of us.

"I haven't woken your friends because I expect that you won't be staying for long." He drawled, it was obvious that he had only just been woken up. "What do you have to tell me?"

"Well," I take a deep breath, "I over heard some of the Snakes mention that they were going to attack the Lion Clan tomorrow morning."

"And how exactly did you come across this information?" He started rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

"I was setting up camp in a tree for the night, when I heard two people come along. They were talking openly about how they were going to attack the Lion Clan in two days time, early in the morning so they wouldn't expect it. Once I thought they had left, I jumped out of the tree to make my way back to you to warn you, but one of the two was still there. She and I fought, I won and she is dead." He stopped rubbingg his eye when I said that I had killed someone.