Chapter Twenty One

Tyler, Jess and Zoe were all in the bunker as well as a few others who I didn't know. There was around ten people in total hiding down here.

"Oh my god! I thought you were dead!" Jess cried out as she ran to hug me. I winced when she touched the wound on my arm. "I saw the bomb go off and you went flying and then Tyler dragged you to a safe place, but then Snakes started coming through the hole! So we ran and then when we ran into Billy here and he told us that there was a few bunkers hidden around the Clan so he took us here, but then we decided to go back for you because you were all alone and injured, but then when we got back, you were gone! We thought that the Snakes had taken you or something."

"I'm okay, don't worry. I managed to get out before someone found me. I hid in the woods until I came in five minutes ago." She pulled away from me and looked over me. 

Tyler comes up to us and goes to move my head so he can check for injuries but I move my head away. "I said I'm fine." I knew I looked like crap and the wound on my arm hurts a lot. "I'm only staying here for a bit now that I know you're all safe."

"Nope. You're not leaving us again. Look what happened the last time you tried to do that." Zoe butted in.

"Sorry, but I didn't exactly get the chance to go and try to find my sister since this Clan got destroyed." 

"You know that Eugene is blaming the whole attack on you. He has been telling people that you lead them here and told them where their weak spots are." Tyler says, he has a look of sadness on his face. Could he believe what this Eugene guy is saying? Who even is this guy?

"Who's Eugene?" 

"He the leader of the Lion Clan." oh.

"So what? I leave, don't come back and everything is sorted. Don't have to worry about me destroying another Clan." 

"He wants to see you."

"Yeah? And I want to see my sister, but so far, that isn't happening."

"Bastien. Please, you need to go and face the consequences." Jess said as she had tears rolling down her face. Did she actually think that I caused all of this.

"Face what consequences? I have done nothing wrong." Could my best friend in the whole world think that I caused all of this...

"You have though! You killed all of these people! You told Eugene that they were going to come this morning. But instead they attacked the morning you came. You lead them here and you did it on purpose. You did it because you didn't want us trying to fight the Snakes, so you brought them to us to show us what a bad decision it was. But you know what, it has made me realise that we need to get back at the Snakes harder than we would have before." Zoe butted in. I couldn't believe it. They did believe him.

"How could you guys think that I would actually do something like this?" I felt like I had been stabbed in the back multiple times. By the people I cared about the most.

"Bastien, I'm sorry, but what he said has to be true. It sounds like something you would do." Tyler says, he has been slowly walking towards me this whole time. He's going to try something.

"You. Don't. Know. Me." I said through gritted teeth. How dare he think he knows what I'm like. he has only known me for a few weeks. He doesn't know jack.

"I know you enough to know that you might do something like this. You have done things a normal seventeen-year-old shouldn't do. It has effected you badly." 

"I am perfectly fine thank you very much. And since I now know how you all feel. I'm going on my way to try to find my sister. Someone I know who I can rely on. Unlike you lot." I turn on my heel and start to walk back up the stairs to face those Snakes that are hunting me. I am holding in all of my anger and it will be nice to let it out on them. Maybe I am going crazy. Maybe I should show the Snakes where these guys are hiding. Maybe I should join the Snakes.