Chapter 9: A Fantasy Tale of A Lone Wolf

3 years had passed after the graduation from the school. I joined back into Kingsglaive completely and started my duty as a trusted glaive. In the outskirts of Insomnia, me, Nyx, Crowe became quite famous as Kingsglaive members. Me, Nyx, Crowe, Libaretus went to various missions every now and then, and so, I didn't have some time to kill just by walking around the city.

As for my school friends, I didn't contact with them. They were always busy going on a hunt or doing other stuff, and I was busy to obey king's order. Within these 3 years, nothing eventful actually happened, after that specific night, when the prince told me everything was over. At first I thought, he would come and say sorry to me, but nothing happened. Guess he was happy with his decision after all. Ignis came after the incident and started to seek apologize from me. At first, I didn't want to forgive him, but in the end, I didn't able to stay mad at him, so I forgave him. Uh, and about the other two, I didn't able to met with them, not a for a smallest time.

One fine day, I was practicing the sword so that I couldn't get rusty. After a long time of doing missions, I got a free day. So, in order to kill some time, I decided to do that in the Kingsglaive's training hall. I was practicing with a guy taking a long, wooden sword, suddenly someone stated, "Hey you missed me?"

The voice was too familiar to me, that I instantly recognize the voice, which always annoyed me in the school. Still I acted like I forget him, because it was really fun to do that with him! So I turned towards him and asked, "Who are you? A new member of Kingsglaive?"

"Oh come on Cat!" He started to whine. I laughed, looking at his childish face. At the end, I somehow managed to surpass the smile and said, "So Mr. Argentum, what brings you here, in this part of the palace?"

"I wanted to meet with you, Ms. Ashworth." He stated firmly. I dismissed the guy with whom I was training and turned towards him, "So, what you need?"

"Oh come on~! Is this seriously a way to greet a long lost friend?" When he saw that I didn't give an answer of his question, he sighed and said, "Okay whatever, I wanted to show you something, Cat. Come with me." And by this, without letting me to give any response to him, he started to drag me out of the training room.

He took me towards the part of the palace where we, who were related to royal family, could spent some time in the garden. I saw in the garden, Cherry was standing, putting on a smile on her face. I didn't able to understand what she was doing there, in the garden. To let you guys know, Cherry was the prince's special servant. I, after getting dragged and standing in front of her, asked Prompto, "What is she doing here?"

"You know, I wanted to tell you something. Will you listen to me?" Prompto stated nervously. "Sure, Why not!" I shrugged. "Um.... You see...." I could see he was really nervous, he was literally scratching the side of his face. It's not like I don't have a vague idea what he was trying to say, at least I thought that just by looking the way Cherry was smiling at him, like she was silently saying to him to say it to me what he wanted to say, didn't know I might be wrong. So, I decided to wait until he spat it out. At the end, he exhaled deeply, signaling that he gave up in the debate that how he should tell it to me, he finally took a step towards the girl, he hold her hand and show it to me. I was really surprised, knowing that what I thought was true. I then gave a heart-full smile, "Congrats Choco-butt, why didn't you tell it to me before?"

"Urgh~! C'mon Cat! At least don't humiliate me in front of my girlfriend!" He pouted like a little boy, making a childish face. Not to mention, for his comment both me and Cherry started to laugh. "Yeah sorry, didn't mean to hurt you. But seriously, who would have thought that among us, you would get a girlfriend first! Although I don't know about Ignis and Gladio."