CH 7. MOMENT OF WEAKNESS

I regretted my words the second I'd spoken. It was most likely too late to add a softening 'no offence' to the accusation, I'd clearly insulted the man— he was fucking pissed. Clenching my thighs together, I sucked in a sharp breath— horrifyingly titillated by the man's controlled rage. Unfortunately these adjustments did little to evict the surge of arousal his intimidating proximity had once again stirred within me. At this point I was seriously considering seeing a doctor, perhaps a psychologist, surely either one could diagnose this sudden emergence of nymphomania.

It was stupid to goad the man further; it was too late to turn back now. Since I'd already made the accusation, there was no point in taking it back— might as well go to town. "I said, you planned everything." My lack of volume left the comment seeming pathetic. I shuddered at the way his jaw tightened, I felt my throat constrict— refusing to allow anymore conversation from me. His icy glare permeated the weak shield of defiance I'd attempted to raise between us.

Wanting to escape the situation, I made a futile attempt to move around his large form. Slapping his palms against the metal wall behind us, he effectively caged me in between his muscular arms. "I may be many things Miss Reed, but not that guy." Growling the words surprisingly clearly, he ground his molars together. "I'm not that fucking miserable, or desperate to fuck you." Heated lashes of his breath whipped at my skin— the scent of hard liquor and mint teased my senses. Rocking forward, I fastened my grip on the railing behind me. Surely it had to be the alcohol, I am clearly intoxicated.

"That doesn't prove shit. I know nothing about you. For all I know this was your intention all along." I rushed out, breathless and fighting my body's rising temperature. Pressing his solid frame against mine, he groaned softly. Loosening my grip around the bar I slid my palms over his abdomen. I'm definitely drunk. "Y...you intended for this...knew I'd be complaisant like this." I whispered, fisting the expensive material sheathing the impressive stretch of muscle across his torso. He was so delectably defined, hard in all the right places.

"I think I've made my intentions quite clear. I have no need for such charades." He countered smoothly, grinding his prominent erection against me in slow, deliberate motions. He trailed the smooth ridges of his lips along my jaw; my eyelids responded by sealing shut— my chest heaving in a remarkable effort to conceal both my fear and anticipation. "And just to be perfectly clear, when I do fuck you, it'll be with your total compliance...no games." He promised huskily, nipping my earlobe.

Peeling my eyes open I licked my lips. Smirking at the activity he pressed his heated lips against mine roughly. Sipping at my lips, he trapped me against the elevator wall; scorching me with his every touch. My moment of protest only aided his tongue in its venture to enter my mouth. Tasting me greedily, he dropped his hands to grip my hips. Sliding them over my arse he fought my tongue for control. Squeezing the backs of my thighs in his large palms, he slammed my lower half against his front.

Moaning into his mouth I relinquished what remained of my defiance— completely lost in his flavour; exhilarated by his dominance. Pushing against him, I shifted slightly. Guiding my back against the panel of buttons he hauled me into the air. Hooking my legs around his waist, he pressed me against the panel. The cart jolted as the contraption began it's ascent once more. Releasing my swollen lips he worked his heated mouth down the column of my throat, groaning appreciatively at the way my hands fisted his hair.

Somehow this man had all but rendered my mind utterly defenceless against his refined seduction. Stop. I vaguely registered a subconscious voice protest in the backdrop of thoughts echoing in my head. Hazy with lust, I disregarded her better judgment and enjoyed the erotic things his mouth did to my flushed skin. The intrusive sound of the elevator's arrival bell cut through this humiliating moment of weakness. Awakened by reality, I looked at him wide eyed. Shoving at the large man's shoulders I awkwardly slid down his body. Cursing, he readjusted the painfully stiff bulge in his pants. Breathing heavily, I side-stepped his attempt to reach for me.  Almost like a saving grace, the smooth metal doors slid open giving me the perfect opportunity to escape.