CH 10. NAME YOUR PRICE

This wasn't happening, he had to be a goddamn mirage— a vivid likeness of the arrogant bastard in all his rugged glory. Pinching my forearm, I winced. Shaking his head, he chuckled softly; the husky sound reverberated through me. Jolting out of my shameless admiration of the sexy man, I folded my arms defensively. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Searching for the lady who'd brought me in here, I fought the urge to throttle this man.

The woman had clearly neglected to stop anyone else from entering? "H...how long have you been standing there?" I stammered, shuffling uncomfortably. Blood rose to my cheeks, sending a flush of heat scorching thought my body. The realisation of everything he'd mostly likely seen paralysed me. Due to my earlier reluctance to leave the apartment, I hadn't put on anything special underneath my clothes. Just a plane bra and white cotton undies. Cringing at the humiliating decision, I scanned the room for an alternate escape route.

"I was far to distracted by everything beneath your underwear to be concerned with their colour." He stated unabashed, as though he were discussing the fall in Wall street shares. Flicking open a second button on his shirt, he walked further into the room. My retreat was restricted to the edge of the podium I was stupid enough to stand on. "Take that off." He ordered, eyeing my dress.

"Are you fucking insane? Get the hell out!" I demanded, thrusting an arm towards the exit. Striding towards the rack of dresses, he selected a form fitting red number. Climbing the three small steps he joined me atop the podium, suddenly there wasn't enough space to shuffle around it; he was huge. I felt minuscule in his presence, his brooding form towered over me.

"Trust me?" He was asking. The words themselves didn't shake me as much as the question itself had. Mr Arrogant didn't seem to be the type of guy who asked for anything, he seemed more the type to demand it or simply take it. Before my brain could catch the action, my head began to nod, yes. Smirking, with that trademark sensuality he wore constantly, he carefully spun me so that my back was to him.

Looking up at his reflection in the mirror, I watched his ocean blue gaze scan me leisurely— hovering on my shoulders and arse. With a deep groan he slowly sank to his knee, holding the opening of the dress at my feet.

Stepping into the material, I struggled to regain stability. Before I could topple off the small podium the man kneeling behind me gripped my waist. Pulling me harshly against his chiseled form, he gathered my hair to sit over my shoulder. "You're nervous." He observed, something that resembled amusement lingered behind his words. Closing my eyes, I inwardly moaned. When in the presence of Mr Arrogant I couldn't help but turn into a fumbling, flushing, mess of female hormones!

Take control, Charlie...be the master of your own destiny... My subconscious purred her words of wisdom whilst meditating in a distractingly serene Bonsai garden. "Actually, I'm mentally preparing the FIR I'll be submitting at the nearest fucking police station. Apparently I have a stalker." I sang sarcastically. Tightening his grip on my waist, he growled against the side of my head.

"Watch that mouth sweetheart. I won't be held accountable for what happens if you insist on being sarcastic..." Trailing off, from threatening me, he ran his nose down to the base of my neck. "You want me to lose control?" He rasped scorching my skin with his hot breath. "You first." Smirking against the side of my neck, he bit into my skin. It would have been the perfect burn to point out his prominent hard-on grinding into my lower back; unfortunately the betrayal of my own sex held my tongue. Liquid heat soaked through my panties. I'd never been more aroused in my entire life, painfully so at that. Breathing out a tortured moan, I squirmed against him.

"W...what are you even doing, here?" I stammered, tilting my head to grant him more, access.

"You've spent hours searching boutiques for something, I thought I'd offer my assistance." He informed, terrifyingly calmly. Clearly the man was completely insane. It wasn't difficult to conclude how we'd ended up here; the arrogant son of a bitch was actually stalking me!