CH 2. THE ARROGANT NEIGHBOUR

Unbelievable, the arrogant son of a bitch had just turned something as intimate as sex into a challenge. Digging my nails into the fabric of my distressed skinnies, I bit back a string of choice words—my innocent thighs taking the assault without protest. What alarmed me the most was the lack of emotion in this man's eyes, his calculating gaze revealed nothing. For being the guy that sent a naked woman screaming and crying in hysterics, he didn't seem the slightest bit regretful. He remained confident despite standing here having fucked said naked woman moments before suggesting we do the same.

Enraged by his audacity I lifted my palms to his abdomen—my intentions being to shove the repulsive man away—unfortunately my body had other plans, disobeying my minds commands before disregarding them altogether. Lowering his deep blue gaze to my small hands, against his skin, the corner of his mouth lifted in delight. Pushing his rippling abs into the small contact my weakness had allowed, he tilted his head and pressed his nose to my neck. His body heat sent my heart rate sky-rocketing. Running the tip of his nose along my neck and jawline, he slowly pulled back enough to watch me once more. From the close proximity, I could observe his features more carefully. He looked familiar in that spoilt, rich bachelor type of way.

My eyes fell to my thin fingers as they carefully traced the solid curves of each defined muscle. Drawing in a sharp breath, I pressed further into the door—tilting his head again he eyed my mouth, the warm, minty scent of his breath whispered across my lips in a plea. Pushing off the floor, I lifted to the tips of my toes, giving him the opening he needed to kiss me. Not even if his cock was the last on earth! Jerking back as though he'd scolded me, I shoved the giant back an inch. "You're right...this is going to be fun." I couldn't understand the allure this man had, it couldn't have simply been his devastatingly good looks—I'd walked away from countless propositions such as his, by men equally as attractive—so why did this arrogant bastard make my heart race a mile per minute? Why did a single touch from him make me pathetically wet? Why did I still want that kiss, despite his disgusting mentality towards sex and women?

Before my mind could further ponder my unsettling attraction to Mr Arrogant, the loud echo of a ping drew my attention towards the elevator. The momentary distraction was much welcomed. A man I knew to be the building's security guard exited the large metal cart with a small box, effortlessly tucked under his left arm. Noticing the box Blake had left behind, he lowered to retrieve it. Surging forward, I pulled the box out of his grasp. "Don't touch." I snapped defensively, my heart hammering against my ribcage for a completely different reason than earlier. Straightening, the well built and obviously muscular man assessed the box and then me.

"My apologies, ma'am." I cringed at the formality, looking at the floor regretfully before returning my gaze to the man in his late forties.

"You can call me Charlie and I'm the one that should be apologising. This box..." Gesturing towards the box, I instinctively moved to shield it further. "...it just-it has something really important in it." Tucking the few strands of hair, tickling my cheeks, behind my ear I extended a hand towards the seriously intimidating man. "It was nice of you to help us out..." Leaving the ending open I offered him a soft smile, feeling significantly calmer with his attention on my hand as oppose to my box. Shaking my hand briskly he quickly added his name.

"Briggs ma'am." This man wasn't about to loosen up anytime soon, his mechanical stance gave that away without question.

Chuckling I stepped closer to him. "That's a funny name, is it short for something?" I extended my arms to take the load off his hands. Not waisting a second he placed the box in my arms before taking a healthy step back.

"My name is Roy Briggs, ma'am." Scrunching my nose, I shook my head. I was not nearly old enough to be referred to as ma'am.

"Charlie." I reminded, balancing the box in my arms—Roy must have been ninety-nine percent muscle if he'd managed to bring this box up, tucked under an arm, as though it were filled with confetti. Placing it beside my significantly more valuable box, I lifted it into my arms, before anybody else could attempt taking it. Nodding politely he addressed the arrogant jerk I'd had the displeasure of meeting.