4: Dressing Room

One hour and fifteen minutes later, I'm wearing off-white jeans, a navy and white striped quarter-sleeve shirt, navy converse, and a knit off-white beanie. My hair has lost most of it's curl, leaving it to be in-between wavy and straight. I'm sitting on the mall bench, my legs laid across the rest of it so no one will try to accompany me. My red beats (solo) on my ears as I play my music unnaturally loud and try to avoid the stares of the people passing by. After our forty-five minute drive to the mall, Liam made me walk around, then sat me on a bench and told me to stay put until he returned.

That was fifteen minutes ago.

I sigh, scrolling through my missed calls-

Harriet

Harriet

Harriet

Harriet

Darren

Harriet

Hanna

Ryan

Harriet

Harriet

Harriet

Cher

Dad

The last two names catch my attention- Cher and Dad? Cher is my real father's new Parisian step-wife. The last time I heard from him was to years ago- at his wedding. I've come to terms with him not caring, but why call? I mean, it's not like I have anything to say to him, so what does he want? I roll my eyes, clicking off of the list and going back to my music. I scroll through my punk-rock-hardcore- whatever you want to call it- playlist, trying to decide what I should listen to. I finally turn on a song that matches my anger towards my father.

As I'm listening to it, someone grabs my legs, causing me to flinch and stare at the person who just- Liam. He waves, pulling my legs up so he can sit, then placing them back over his own. I roll my eyes, going back to my music. After my song is over, I feel the intense stare coming from him. I glance up, trying to seem nonchalant despite the fact that he's scaring me. "What?" I ask, pulling my headphones down around my neck. "Do you always look so concentrated when you listen to music?" He asks, slightly pursing his lips. "Gee, Liam, I don't know. It's not like I watch myself listen to music," I answer sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him.

He's about to respond when a group of guys pass us. "Liam Sanford? Is that you man?" One of them asks, causing me to roll my eyes once more. "Yeah, thats me," Liam flashes a wolfish grin at his long lost friend. I pull my headphones back on, turning my music up louder so I don't have to hear about their slut-lives. As I'm jamming out to Of Kings and Orderlies, Liam snaps in my face, catching my attention. I look up, cocking an eyebrow while wearing an unamused expression on my face. He taps his ears as an indication for me to take off my headphones. I sigh, pulling them around my neck, once again.

"Analise, these are some of my friends, Kellin, Theodore, and Dylan," He gestures to them in order. I nod and smile. All I see is: blond, blond, brunette. "Nice to meet you. It's a great assurance knowing that Liam has a girlfriend," Theodore says as if he's relieved. "So he can't steal our girls," Dylan murmurs. "Oh, we aren't-" I start, but Liam interrupts, "Exclusive. She likes to date around." I scoff and roll my eyes, correcting him, "We aren't together at all. And I don't date around." I shoot Liam a glare, getting back a triumphant smirk. "Well, since you and Liam aren't together-" Theodore begins, but I stand up abruptly before he can finish.

"I'm going to go find Ian," I state to Liam, who looks completely amused. I spin around and walk away, avoiding the four boys gaping after me. Suddenly, hands come around my waist, and I cringe, pushing them away, "Liam, stop." But they don't move. "Liam! I swear to god!" I turn around, seeing that it's not Liam. "Do I know you?" I ask quickly, trying to portray the obvious disgust on my face. "I'm Wilder," He smiles widely, his teeth almost sparkling in the light. His blond hair is swooped up in the front, beautiful green eyes on display, and a very handsome face for my viewing. "And I don't like being touched by strangers," I force myself to say it. No matter how adorable this dude is, I can't just let him touch me. That'd be slutty, desperate, and just wrong.