2.) suspicion

"I Know What You Did Last Summer," by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
*******************************************

"This is the one I was telling you about. I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany. Cost me two hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it." Mason said.

"You're still reading about this stuff?" Liam asked.

"I was attacked by an armored-plates giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression. Look. Look. Have you ever seen anything like this? What about you Ella?" Mason asked.

"Yeah uh, no. Never." She said.

"And then there's this whole section about the Nagual. Have you ever heard of the name, Tezcat-"

"Tezcatlipoca. And uh, no. No never heard of him." Liam said.

Mason let out a groan of frustration and went to his seat. Ella pulled lightly on Liam's arm, and pulled him away.

"He's not going to let this go." She whispered.

"I know. But let's not say anything." Liam said.

"I feel awful lying to him. We're making him seem like he's crazy." Ella said.

"We'll tell him soon. We just have to find the right time." Liam said.

Ella nodded and went over to a seat. She waited for Liam to choose a seat but he just stayed standing. He looked around the room looking for another seat.

"Liam? Are you just going to stand there?" Mr.Yukimura asked.

"Maybe." He said.
"All semester?"

"Maybe."

"Liam, take a seat."

Ella gave him a confused look, but he just gave her a 'help me,' look. She looked to Mason who motioned his head towards a girl next to the empty seat. Ella stood up, grabbing her things and went over to Liam.

"Take my seat." She whispered.

Liam silently thanked her as he sat in her old seat. She dropped her bag and went to sit down.

"No, wait!" The girl next to her whispered. But it was too late. When Ella sat down, she felt something sticking to her clothes. She looked to the girl beside who was looking at her with wide eyes. Ella looked at the chair to find a piece of gum sticking to her clothes.

Ella let out an embarrassed sigh as the girl apologized. Mason and Liam gave her a sympathetic look while she just laid her head on her arms.

Her first day of sophomore year was not going well.

***

"So you were able to find another piece of clothing?" Liam asked.

"Uh yes. Thanks to my paranoid self, I had extra clothing in my backpack." Ella said.

"Yeah, um. I'm sorry you got into that mess with her. I'm pretty sure that gum was meant for me." Liam said.

"It's fine. I just hope I'll be able to get it out of my pants." She said.